• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the magnum mmg25 generators worth?

Falstaff

Bought a magnum mmg25, its on the light tactical trailer chassis, unknown hours but engine bay appears to be new/lightly used. Its 3 phase and 1 phase.
gl listing says it doesnt start, i wonder if thats just because they dont have the keys?? Oh boy, what did i get myself into!
will magnum sell replacement keys and other parts?
oh and what is the "MEP" classification of this genset? It was not mentioned in the listing

Falstaff

Wow, just wow. I got two of these and after towing the first one home, charging the dead but new looking optima battery, checking the fuel tank (full) flipped the switch , total time on unit? 120 hours! ( engine appears like new save for some minor corrosion) it fired right up. The second one also fired right up, ( only 200 hours!!) however the tank is in bad shape-full of rust,water, dirty fuel and gook and quickly clogs fuel filters....

Also came with two extra control panels, several dozen oil,fuel and air filters, upper and lower radiator hoses, various relays and extra voltage controllers, sledge hammers, slide hammers, 50' of 3 phase cable, a roll of 4 ga. Copper, all BNiB. The guy at the local CAT (magnum) dealer told me the control panel alone sells for 1400...
now to figure out a way to drop that tank out of the bottom to clean it... Hmmm

i can't figure out why they would get rid of something with so little time on it- the USMC spent upwards of 23 grand on these, used them for less than a week and then let them sit for5 years before dumping them at GL...as a taxpayer, this is shocking, I guess I'll consider it a sort of tax refund...kinda like getting something cool in a Cracker Jack box