• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the percs of an m1008 vs an m1028?

michaelcola192

ok thanks guys! I guess my next question would be what are the pros and cons of each axle ( dana 60 in m1008, or limited slip in m1028?) and which one is all around better?

Keith_J

The 1028/1031s have Dana 60s, just with the limited slip carrier. Running a limited slip up front can make for interesting handling in 4WD. The average Joe/Grunt/Flyboy driver may not understand the quirks so they were left out of the basic models. Although I never heard of special training for these vehicles during Army Driver Education or specific driving test, I'm certain that was the intent.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I don't disagree with what everybody has said in this thread, and the linked thread above. If you've ever driven any of the old International pick-ups or scouts with ALL wheel drive (True 4 wheel drive)...they are no different. They can present some challenges in winter, but if you use your head they will go darned near anywhere

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks