• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the symptoms of a dying IP?

Napoleon_Tanerite

If you can try parking the truck on a downhill angle overnight and see if that helps any.
Now that you mention it... this problem FIRST started to manifest when the truck was parked in my driveway, which has a decent uphill tilt when parked nose-in. When I parked it in the street it wouldn't happen until a bit later on when it would occasionally happen, then more and more frequently until it was a 100% of the time thing.

kentuckycucv

The Fuel pressure switch on the stock fuel filter has a 25 year old O ring that cracks and lets air in the system. One of my first problems. It started. then got an air bubble to the IP and stalled. disconect pink wire. open valve on top of fuel filter. crank till fuel comes out of the hose... close valve, and you will have bled the air out of your fuel filter. Then start the truck. if it doesnt stall then I think we found your problem. I took my pressure switch out. tapped a 1/4 thread. put a 1/4 screw in the hole 4 years ago and have had no problems. Several threads on that fix. Very common.