• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these for?

Dodge man

Does anyone know what the plugs in the picture might be for? The pins in them and the body size are the same size as the pre-NATO vehicle jumper cable but these use a threaded collar instead of being just push on and the two pins are shorted together. The pins are also centered in the body instead of being off-side like the jumper cable pins are. The green body on these appears to be made of aluminium and they're marked "*/01/*" , "69-61067-3" , "SN 294403" and "A-01". I found them in a surplus store and thought they might be useful for parts but would like to know what they're intended for before I destroy them.

Attachments

Dodge man

I think Westy is on to something. Probably used to ground out the shelter components for EMP protection when traveling.2cents
I was thinking along the same lines. But I was thinking that they might be shorting plugs to short the output of a GenSet to prevent an accidental shock while servicing them. Does anyone know of a GenSet or Shelter that has a socket that matches these?

Dodge man

Dummy loads ?
I don't think so. The impedance is too low (a dead short) so they would just conduct the current instead of dissipating it. Also they don't look like they're made to dissipate heat.

PS I found another marking that I overlooked before. It says "SAFE" in relatively large letters on the end.

kastein

I would bet on them being safeties for working on gensets, etc like you guessed. Looks like they would fit the 24V power outlet on the back right corner of the cab on a deuce or 5 ton.

EDIT: that is not to say you should try it, as I am fairly certain those power outlets are wired directly to the batteries! :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks