• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these two screws?

On the door just above the access panel, there are two screws (kind of on a diagonal.)

Do they attach to the window regulator? I can't see any screws in that location in the parts tm.

I pulled them out by mistake when I was removing my door latch, and now I can't get 'em back in.

The worst part is the door latch needs a new spring and I'm going to have to take it out again. I need the truck this weekend, and don't want my boy falling out so I'm reinstalling the latch for now. Although I guess he couldn't fall out since I make him wear his seat belt. But I bet he'd get pretty excited if the door flung open!

Man my arms are chewed up!

Barrman

I don't have my truck here to look at so I can't answer your exact question. However, I have had broken door latch springs. I couldn't figure out a way to install new springs and still have all my finger tips. I would suggest you replace the latch.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have to loosen the screws a couple turns that hold in the rest of the window regulator so you can just get the other screws started. Then tighten the rest up. I believe there are 4 screws that hold the regulator in.

You might have to loosen the screws a couple turns that hold in the rest of the window regulator so you can just get the other screws started. Then tighten the rest up. I believe there are 4 screws that hold the regulator in.
Yep I was able to look at it this morning (last night by the time I wrapped up, it was pitch black, and I don't have a shop.. So the lighting wasn't the best)
I believe you are right, and they go to the window regulator. Kinda strange that not one TM or parts exploded view shows screws going into those holes.
The TM does mention taking out 4 though.

dmetalmiki

You are OK getting them back in if you are a contortionist. Just make sure all the fixing screw are loose to enable some movement.

I got these back in today.. Amazing how much easier it is to work when there's light!

Also the tip to loosen the other 2 regulator screws helped a ton. I was able to get the holes lined up by rolling the window down, just to the right spot.

Thx guys!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk