• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are you guys paying for thermostat

Iamnewatthis

Hey guys what are you paying for the hockey puck thermostat part #42995?
Oreilys just drilled me for 43, plus 7 freight and tax so like 53 bucks.
Or is that the typical price?
thanks

Last edited:

combatmech

I just bought one from NAPA, dont recall how much it was. Wasnt anything near what you paid. Check the CUCV wiki page, lots of part #'s and whatnot......

Iamnewatthis

the wiki only had the part number that i could see.
which is the one i gave them.
I wonder if they sold me the housing by mistake, it was a special order.
guess i'll wait and see when it gets here.

67_C-30

I'm not a big AutoZone fan by any means, but I'd go there and ask for a Robertshaw 370 series thermostat. They are the best I've found, and they work well in these and any diesel engines. The difference is instead the normal of the flat disc-type t-stat, they have a skirt that moves up and down. Advantages include better flow in the block, better warm-up, and better cooling flow through the radiator. When the engine is pulling a good hill (temp above setpoint), the skirt blocks the bypass completely, and the bulk of the flow is directed to the radiator. The flat-type t-stats do not allow full flow to the radiator, limiting cooling capacity. This design is used extensively in bigger diesel engines.

Iamnewatthis

I'm not a big AutoZone fan by any means, but I'd go there and ask for a Robertshaw 370 series thermostat. They are the best I've found, and they work well in these and any diesel engines. The difference is instead the normal of the flat disc-type t-stat, they have a skirt that moves up and down. Advantages include better flow in the block, better warm-up, and better cooling flow through the radiator. When the engine is pulling a good hill (temp above setpoint), the skirt blocks the bypass completely, and the bulk of the flow is directed to the radiator. The flat-type t-stats do not allow full flow to the radiator, limiting cooling capacity. This design is used extensively in bigger diesel engines.
Thanks for info on this thermostat. How much is the 370?