• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are you paying for a m35a3????

einstein

Been looking on the gl site and was wondering what the going price is for a m35a3?

How much is a new cat engine if the old one is bad?

What about the transmission.

How many miles are the automatic transmission and the cat motor good for?

Thanks

Matt

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends how determined you are. They've been ranging between 5 to 7 thousand from what I've seen lately. Dont forget about the buyers premium and tax. Good luck.

sandcobra164

The next few batches will probably be high. Everyone seems to have their tax returns and I'm getting beat up currently just trying to get another A2 for under 2,000. The A3's seem to average in the 5,000 to 7,000 range but I have noticed a few very clean winch trucks from Sparta, Wisconsin go over 10,000. Happy bidding but I feel like the "hold" last year and people with cash to spare is going to make for an expensive market on GL for a while.

rwoods

More than you will pay for an A3.

Any engine painted yaller is going to cost you big money when it breaks or needs to be replaced.
My CAT's od green. But you're right. GL has recently sold close to two dozen CAT 3116's in cans and I believe they were bringing $4k so you can only imagine what the civilian market will want for one.

ohfiredude

The next few batches will probably be high. Everyone seems to have their tax returns and I'm getting beat up currently just trying to get another A2 for under 2,000. The A3's seem to average in the 5,000 to 7,000 range but I have noticed a few very clean winch trucks from Sparta, Wisconsin go over 10,000. Happy bidding but I feel like the "hold" last year and people with cash to spare is going to make for an expensive market on GL for a while.
You think the prices could come down later this year? Seems like GL has been auctioning a lot more trucks lately than I've seen in the past several months.

Thanks, Dave

einstein

Well i have been looking at some m35a3 for sale and they look pretty clean why would the military sell them so cheap versus just fix em and put em back out to pasture? What are some reasons that they stop using em and sell them to the general public? Seems kinda illogical to me. Some of em show 5000 miles and a couple hundred hours on the motor dont they seem to last alot longer?

Matt

sandcobra164

The M35 Series got replaced by the FMTV and then got phased out pretty quick. The National Guard held onto them until they received their FMTV's. There truly are some nice, low usage trucks that are going to auction. Why did the govn't do this? It takes alot more staff, warehouse's, and parts to keep two truck lines going. The one that was nearly half a century old had to go. Remember, the A3's were built at the disposal of 3 M35A2's consumed to make 2 M35A3's. The A3's were an attempt to appease the EPA and meet emission's standard's using Commercial Off The Shelf technology. Another company sold the FMTV for about the same amount of money that it cost to upgrade and it came with new frames and sheetmetal. Thus the demise of the M35 from military use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks