• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What axles are these?

C50Mustang

I'm looking at a pair of axles on Craigslist that the owner said came out of a deuce but I have yet to find any deuce with a standard 3rd member axle like this.

axle.jpg

Since I plan to use these axles in an upcoming project I only have a couple questions:
1. What axles are these? (Manufacturer, model, ect.)
2. Are they re-gearable? (I have yet to see much for re-gearing military axles.)
3. What did they come out of? (curiosity)
Thank you very much. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:

C50Mustang

A. Is there anything wrong with the M211 axles and do you know if anyone sells a different ratio ring and pinion for it? I will probably be running about 800 ft-lb through whatever axle I end up with on occasion.

B. Can the Rockwells be re-geared? What I am building will have to stay fairly in fairly low RPMs and I believe that rockwells are a 6.xx gearing as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
M211 front axles rotate backwards. You'll need a t-case out of a M211 to run it.

Top loading rockwells can be regeared to a taller ratio. But you'll quickly find out the cost of that is substantial.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what kind of project you have there but if it involves changing a transfer case, I think Profab can engineer a case for the reverse rotation and can even build under or overdrive gearsets.