• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What batterie to get in M1009 Blazer?

CycleJay

re; What batterie to get in M1009 Blazer?

My military issue batteries finally went in my M1009 and i wanted to know what are my options for new batteries? I know alot of people like using the optima batteries but i dont want to spend what they want for those. Will marine deep cycle batteries work with 800 - 900 cold cranking amps? Any suggestions on what to get besides optimas ? what are some of you guys using? Thanks
Hi,

When my mil issue batteries finally went, I got another pair of them from NAPA.
But I also put a 24v solargizer on my hood, a few months before replacing my batteries.
So I know the new batteries should last longer then expected.

Good luck,

CJ

a68cudas

Well i got a pair of group 31 batteries from sams club. they have 1140 cranking amps and i think 950 cold cranking amps. they are Duracell batteries and were $ 97.00 bucks each. wanted to thank all of you for the help and suggestions on what to get, much appreciated cant wait to fire up the brand new 6.5 i have in it :driver:

Glockamolie

The big group 31s do come in handy if you forget and leave your lights on. They also come in handy if you get air in your fuel lines and have to crank and crank and crank the starter which is pretty much inevtiable at some point with these trucks.
A $50 electric fuel pump is much easier than toasting a pair of batteries and/or a starter!

stationjj

I went with Costco Group 31 batteries. They are made by Johnson Controls, and have the same warranty as the interstate batteries do 3years. I paid $87 each.

I also did add a solargizer. This should help maintain the batteries.

stationjj