• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Batteries?

EO2NMCB

6TL's is what the military used, next choice IMHO is group 31, last would be what ever walmart has on sale and shim to fit

jw4x4

I just bought 2 batteries for my 1009 from Truck Pro. Group 31 size, 1190 cranking amps, 1000 cold crank. They fit perfectly. If you want to use the existing battery hold-down, try to get batteries with recessed caps- the flat top kind. They will be compatible, as the caps won't be in the way. You can go with the 6TL's, obviously fit perfectly but are pricey for what they are.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes that is what i have from autp zone with a 7 yr warrenty. starts up fine. the nice batts at truck pro only have a 1 year warranty Tim

jw4x4

I went directly to the Truck Pro store. It's only 5 minutes from my house. I work for an excavating company, we use alot of TPro stuff. The salesman stops by our garage regularly. I talked him into a great price ($83 each) and paid cash, traded in 2 old batts. I wanted the Optimas, but they were twice the price and less cranking amps. We haven't had a bit of trouble with the TPro batts in our heavy equipment.

hobie237

will a Group 31 with 950 cold cranking amp battery work for cranking M35A2?

Why not ask in the Deuce section?

To the OP, the civilian truck calls for dual 550CCA batteries in parallel, and since a series setup would provide the same ultimate wattage to crank the truck- dual 550s should be fine. For better cranking, more reserve, etc., bigger batteries are better, of course (I'm running dual 1100 CCA commercial fleet batteries, they were around $120 each), but not necessary.