• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What batteties are recomended for use in the 5 tons and deuces?

Katahdin

I've always bought smaller batteries like 34Ms, but I could see how a bigger battery like a group 31 could come in handy if you have to move a broke down truck off the road with just the power of the starter.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The OEM 6TL is recommended , two for $680, which is why group 31 are used at two for $300.
I just used Two interstate batteries or Dekka 524MF I got for $200 but that is in warm climate.
No matter what flavor is needed/ installed in your truck you still have to clean and refurbish and protect everything or those little electrons don't want to move so good.
For a five ton get four 6TL?

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you for all your replys,l have Hawkers that were dated 12 05. But now its Time for a new set ,still not sure if l am willing to spend $600+ for l battery .
You really got 16 years on a set of batteries? 12 05? December 2005
Naahhh, probably means May 2012 which is 9 years, not to shoddy
If so I would buy that same flavor again.

Guyfang

Staff member
If properly maintained, Hawkers are increadably long life battery's. I saw some with 10-11 years and they were great. But in trucks. I do not know if they would hold that long in a gen set.

Ajax MD

The Hawkers are AGM's. You can buy ordinary flooded lead acid in that form factor for less money but they won't last nearly as long.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I always ran 2 group 31s in my 8.3 truck with a solargizer on the cowl. Sucker would crank super easy even down to 7°f sitting for days. Now a wheezing 250 would be a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

two tn 6 batteries in one of our deuces, 14 years old and still on the button.
All other trucks are fine on two 120 AH batteries to date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks