• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What broke? Place your bets

Sintorion

Interesting. I will give it a try. I didn't want to waste time getting this beast in the air if it didn't matter. It sure would save me a lot of time and aggravation if I didn't have to swap out the pump. As well as a few $$.

Sintorion

I can confirm Wire's statement is 100% true. After pouring in about a half gallon of fluid and watching 1/4 of that blow out from turning left and right on the ground while it was running and hearing the pump scream. I am guessing there is solid rationale behind the bleeding procedure. I had resigned myself to a pump replacement, but figured I would work on my guns lifting the tires off the ground to try it. Exactly as Wire stated with a turn, the fluid level dropped. Ran it back and forth 40 times as the TM states, topped off the fluid and hoped for the best. Started it up and the pump was quite. Turns effortlessly left and right with the flick of a finger, and stays quite. Maybe the fluid change helped? One tip I will share with jacking it up, pay attention to the position of the jack stands that they are out of the way of the swing of the tires.

In any case, ordered up a new pump that will hopefully sit and collect lots of dust. I figure it is good insurance.