• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What can/do you do with a M109 Shop Van

Rebelpride

Dang it, I think I am getting the green itch again and am contemplating purchasing a M109 Shop Van. What are its use's and how do you use yours. I thought about turning it into a camper or use it to house my biodiesel or waste oil stuff. Pics appreciated.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now it being used as storage for a buddy's stuff while he is between apartments. Intended use is more like a camper when the State Guard is in the field (think A/C and bunks), but it has also been used as secure storage (this time think weapons) when we are doing re-enactments and displays overnight. With the proper tables and tools, it might even be used as a workshop in the field.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got mine with the intentention of putting the deuce bed on, now, I wouldn't think of getting rid of it. In my oppinion, everyone should have an M35 AND an M109! The 109 is a great truck.

TedG

I agree with gimpyrobb. I was going to get an M35 but this M185A3 showed up (similar to a M109) and now I am hooked. Multifunction truck plus a place to stay for just in case!

Mine came with bunks inside and I removed half of them. Soon I will remove some of the cabinets. Secure floor space is what I need and a small counter with cabinet.

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

I've always wondered if there is enough area (height wise) to somehow add an extension out over the top of the truck cab (hardtop) for a bed --- like standard slide-in pickup campers have.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ernie, it would be tight. I do not have measurements, but it would only be about 1.5 ft tall at the most.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
1,400 , It was 1525.xx out the door with the premium,starts and runs and it looked like a good truck to me, im picking up the monday after next. From the ones im watching now I over paid I think.

Jakob

If you're not claustrifobic (sp?), then 1.5' would be enough to make a small sleeping space. I'm a minimalist, so that'd be perfect use of space.

LanceRobson

At 18" less the thickness of a mattress or pad it'd be tighter than the old style assault troopships. You'd actually have to get out to turn over.

Years ago I had a Class C motor home that was so tight that I had to fold my shoulders (think human taco) in order to roll over. Not very restful and truly a PITA.

Regarding the waste oil stuff I just bought a pair ofM103 trailers and plan on setting up one of those or maybe an M101 up for waste oil pick-up, processing and storage. It'd all be in one place and easy to contain.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had big plans for one of mine but the more I think about it the more I realize I may never get to it! I put my two up for sale, they are in the classifieds if anyone is interested.