• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What can/do you do with a M109 Shop Van

saquishmike

Has anyone turned it into a workshop with toolboxes and bench? I was thinking of this for mine air compressor ,oil drums, a workshop. And what are you guys doing to secure the box? Windows are my big concern.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stock windows are fairly thick, and you can secure the shades in the up position if you don't want anyone looking in. Biggest problem is that all the windows are old, and they are held together by pieces of wood clamped on both the inside and outside. After 40 years, the wood tends to crack and split, and the window comes apart! Not good! However, the fix is simple, drill some small holes all the way through and use 1.5 inch long #8 screw top bolts to hold things together. One or two on each side of the window will do with the lower one up about four inches from the bottom edge and the second one another four inches above that. Put the nut on the inside for best appearance sake, then touch up with paint.