• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What can of worms am I opening

billet75

What can I expect from trying to get a Texas Inspection/Registration on a Bobbed Deuce ? I know Diesel Trucks were safety only (had 2001 F350). I've Googled and look at threads on this site and it's still isn't clear on how to get inspection and registration. I want to be clear, I want to be able to drive the Deuce on the weekends and to work once in a while. I have had friends in the past try to get antique plates the one that were successful found it to sometimes be a pain as the law would hassle them. Is it possible to register it as a truck with 12,000 GVWR?. The truck will have a title. I just want to know what I am getting myself into. I've had to get green sheet on other truck from different states. I have also had trucks that were exempted due to the 25 years old exemption rule. Let me know your thoughts -Thx for the help

Motorcar

Since the gentlemen from Indiana and Ohio are decidedly not helpful, here is what I did. My M35A2 is simply registered as a big pick up truck. I get it a standard safety inspection at the quickie lube each year. Not going the FMV tag route I am able to drive it to work, corner store, kids school, etc. It is registered by wieght and I provided a scale ticket to show empty wieght. My truck is not bobbed, and it shouldn't make a difference on yours if you are not attempting to get the FMV tag. My standard registration runs $168 per year.

Do the search function, there is a good thread on Texas registration with links to the TXDOT code you can look up and decide on. I have never been hassled by LEO and title/registration was easy.

PS, Welcome to the board, lots of great info and people here.