• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What can of worms am I opening

billet75

What can I expect from trying to get a Texas Inspection/Registration on a Bobbed Deuce ? I know Diesel Trucks were safety only (had 2001 F350). I've Googled and look at threads on this site and it's still isn't clear on how to get inspection and registration. I want to be clear, I want to be able to drive the Deuce on the weekends and to work once in a while. I have had friends in the past try to get antique plates the one that were successful found it to sometimes be a pain as the law would hassle them. Is it possible to register it as a truck with 12,000 GVWR?. The truck will have a title. I just want to know what I am getting myself into. I've had to get green sheet on other truck from different states. I have also had trucks that were exempted due to the 25 years old exemption rule. Let me know your thoughts -Thx for the help

Motorcar

Since the gentlemen from Indiana and Ohio are decidedly not helpful, here is what I did. My M35A2 is simply registered as a big pick up truck. I get it a standard safety inspection at the quickie lube each year. Not going the FMV tag route I am able to drive it to work, corner store, kids school, etc. It is registered by wieght and I provided a scale ticket to show empty wieght. My truck is not bobbed, and it shouldn't make a difference on yours if you are not attempting to get the FMV tag. My standard registration runs $168 per year.

Do the search function, there is a good thread on Texas registration with links to the TXDOT code you can look up and decide on. I have never been hassled by LEO and title/registration was easy.

PS, Welcome to the board, lots of great info and people here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks