• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What civilian batteries to use?

DavidWymore

I put new batts in my deuce a while back. Group 31 Dekas with threaded post. No more tapered clamp post melty nonsense!

I recommend Deka. East Penn Mfr, made in USA, they kick. I have a commercial account and paid $111ea.

wcuhillbilly

I second the DEKAS,,,, I have had all kinds, but put my trust in East Penn. Deka-East Penn is who is making the Cat batteries. the plates are twice the thickness of regular batteries....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have one truck with Dual 31s (1170CA/950CCA) from Oreillys that were $100 each. I run just the two this time of year. I have another with 4 interstate 65 series. Two I had from my F-250 that weren't too bad off. They are all four Interstate MTP-65s which are (1000CA/850cca). They are smaller and lighter. Much easier to configure in the box. I picked them up from Costco for $79 each. I know it would start just fine with only 2 batteries though.