• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What civilian batteries to use?

DavidWymore

I put new batts in my deuce a while back. Group 31 Dekas with threaded post. No more tapered clamp post melty nonsense!

I recommend Deka. East Penn Mfr, made in USA, they kick. I have a commercial account and paid $111ea.

wcuhillbilly

I second the DEKAS,,,, I have had all kinds, but put my trust in East Penn. Deka-East Penn is who is making the Cat batteries. the plates are twice the thickness of regular batteries....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have one truck with Dual 31s (1170CA/950CCA) from Oreillys that were $100 each. I run just the two this time of year. I have another with 4 interstate 65 series. Two I had from my F-250 that weren't too bad off. They are all four Interstate MTP-65s which are (1000CA/850cca). They are smaller and lighter. Much easier to configure in the box. I picked them up from Costco for $79 each. I know it would start just fine with only 2 batteries though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks