• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color should the front locker tabs be?

linx310

What color should the tabs be painted that you rotate to engage whether the front wheels are locked or not?

Mine look like they have been white at one time, others i have seen on this site were painted red or black.

edpdx

My selectors are yellow and the indicator is red. I'll be painting the rims black in the spring and these selectors will get a sanding and a fresh red/yellow paint as well.

Hal O'Peridol

Wow I didn't think there would be this much variety. What color did they come from the factory?

None. It was a motor pool job. Got to do this to our 1028s in Germany back about 1989. Masking tape and a rattle can of whatever paint the motor pool had lying around.

IIRC, the full stripe was supposed to be when the selectors were in "FREE" , but interestingly the ones on my 1009 are that way when in "LOCK".

CUCV85

None. It was a motor pool job. Got to do this to our 1028s in Germany back about 1989. Masking tape and a rattle can of whatever paint the motor pool had lying around.

IIRC, the full stripe was supposed to be when the selectors were in "FREE" , but interestingly the ones on my 1009 are that way when in "LOCK".
then it's painted wrong, the solid line was for operators & NCO's especially to identify each vehicle was in the FREE position. There's no need to have the front end locked in
unless you are going in and out of slippery or muddy areas.
I believe the marking's were to help premature wear from operator error!

donalloy1

Mine are marked red both sides in free position. Always thought it was original marking from manufacturer? So much for that theory.:cookoo: Suppose I will stick with red in free markings unless someone states otherwise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks