• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what cordless tool are you using to get your lug nuts off

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Milwaukee 1 inch drive with the 12.0 batteries will wear you out. It’ gets pretty heavy swapping out tires from one 5 ton to another. After using one I’m going with the 3/4 drive Milwaukee M18.

Last edited:

jasonjc

The Milwaukee 1 inch drive with the 5.0 batteries will wear you out. It’ gets pretty heavy swapping out tires from one 5 ton to another. After using one I’m going with the 3/4 drive Milwaukee M18.

The 1/2" high torque has more power than the 3/4", just saying.

OOPS I stand corrected the NEW one key 3/4" packs more power than the 1/2".

Last edited:

Ajax MD

Pic attached. Definitely cordless.View attachment 783355
Yeah, I tried that on my truck recently. I'm 240# and hung from the bar like an ape and nothing happened. Admittedly, the wheels hadn't been broken free on my truck in over a decade.
I ended up buying one of those new, Wham-O-Dyne torque-multiplying lug wrenches just to break the final nut free.

Lonnie- You're terrible. I can't un-see that!

Jericho

Thanks for the informative replies, I bought the new 1/2 inch cordless Milwaukee m Fuel M 18 with the 8,2 battery . pops them right off. its heavy but man does it bust them loose , Cant say thank you enough guys , I was that 225lb fella wanting a young solider B to break them loose when I had a 10 foot cheater bar on them and they SCREAMED when I finally them got them loose. got 20 % off for black Friday 10% Mil discount but it was still 280. for the tool and 105$ for a battery and charger

davidb56

don't forget the
"never seize". I go through a small cn every couple years swapping out the studded tires every spring on all the vehicles, except the M35. I just run them off wiggle the wheel and slop some on, then tighten them back up. I bought a couple trucks up here where the wheels were frozen on the drum.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the informative replies, I bought the new 1/2 inch cordless Milwaukee m Fuel M 18 with the 8,2 battery . pops them right off. its heavy but man does it bust them loose , Cant say thank you enough guys , I was that 225lb fella wanting a young solider B to break them loose when I had a 10 foot cheater bar on them and they SCREAMED when I finally them got them loose. got 20 % off for black Friday 10% Mil discount but it was still 280. for the tool and 105$ for a battery and charger
What model did you end up getting? I’m seeing several different numbers with the same torque specs as #2864 mentioned earlier, with a fairly big price difference on Amazon. Already have a 12ah battery, just looking for a bare tool.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
don't forget the
"never seize". I go through a small cn every couple years swapping out the studded tires every spring on all the vehicles, except the M35. I just run them off wiggle the wheel and slop some on, then tighten them back up. I bought a couple trucks up here where the wheels were frozen on the drum.
Oh no, don’t get them started on anti-seize and lug nuts.

Another Ahab

What model did you end up getting? I’m seeing several different numbers with the same torque specs as #2864 mentioned earlier, with a fairly big price difference on Amazon. Already have a 12ah battery, just looking for a bare tool.
Milwaukee's webpage is not very clear in this regard (apples-to-apples comparison of similar model tools).

Just went to search, and there are (at least) 8 models of the 1/2" Impact Wrench:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Search#q=m18 fuel 1 2 high torque impact wrench

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks