• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your M37 today?

CMPPhil

Added a little graffiti.
View attachment 846954
Hi

50 Years ago I put a giant Kill Roy on the plywood of my roof before roofing, yesterday it surprised the roofing crew roofing my house for the third time, they had no idea what or who Kill Roy was. Of course most weren't even born 25 years ago when I reroofed the house the first time.

But be assured a 80 year old military vehicle was use as the 2 tons of roofing was loaded on my 3 ton Canadian Military Pattern truck.

The Kill Roy is very appropriate you will be explaining it often and teaching a little history.

Cheers Phil

Travlr

Scored 5 wheels for free today. Yea rubber is no good but hay free wheels it put a smile on my face just like my stimulus check stimulated a smile.
Plus Mona shipped out my new cab canvas top today. Thanks Mona at New life Canvas. Lets not forget sold 100 bucks worth of MV parts today too. Was a good day A.
Who is that supplying the canvas top? Got a link?

Travlr

I tried to start the ragtop M37 Power Wagon yesterday. No bueno... It's not getting fuel and starting fluid never got more than a sputter. The truck has been sitting since '03 according to the previous owner. It had two, what looks like "brand new" Interstate batteries in it so I suspect it was running when parked. $260 bucks for the cheapest replacement batteries I could find. Ouch! Fiddling with the fuel system in a limited way makes me think it is clogged tight with gunk. So I'll end up dropping the tank and trying to flush the lines with pressurized air. What I really need is the worlds longest pipe cleaner. Probably have to remove and clean the fuel pump and the carburator too. That's a lot of work for a truck I just want to sell. But I need something to do anyway, and twisting wrenches is better than sitting in front of the TV.

20210927_112438.jpg

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soupermike, could you elaborate a little about the fuel tank process? I am working on mine this week. Thanks!
I cut open the hole and put a bunch of bolts in it and rolled it a lot of times to loosen any rust. There are 2 weirs in there so I couldn't get to the corners so I did the best I could. I used POR15 to etch the metal and once it dried I used and am very pleased with Redcote . It is designed to work with all fuels.

Soupermike, pictures #3 and #4 show that you cut open the tank. How did you put it back together? Welded? Pic 4 is too far away to see the details. Thanks!
Explorer0863
I cut a piece of metal 1" wider and taller than the hole and used liquid gasket material to seal the opening. I used self tapping screws to attach it in case nif have to open it up in the future.

Explorer0863

I cut open the hole and put a bunch of bolts in it and rolled it a lot of times to loosen any rust. There are 2 weirs in there so I couldn't get to the corners so I did the best I could. I used POR15 to etch the metal and once it dried I used and am very pleased with Redcote . It is designed to work with all fuels.

Explorer0863
I cut a piece of metal 1" wider and taller than the hole and used liquid gasket material to seal the opening. I used self tapping screws to attach it in case nif have to open it up in the future.
Thanks for the details! Need to do something similar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks