• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your M939 today?

fpchief

I did not see this started yet so here it is.

I rebuilt the two side rails and headache rack, and installed the new to me troop seats.

I also started prepping the underside of my hood trying to preserve it. Got rust popping through in a couple of spots.

Attachments

WildernessJeep

Took my M936 for a drive on the highway this morning and I'm pretty sure I blew up the motor. Many bad, bad noises. Oil seems clean and full. No smoke coming out the exhaust. But a really bad noise from the motor under load.

charlesmann

Was it a hard tinking sound or a lite ticking? Have you driven it before and no sounds?
The 939 series have a ticking sound when driving, or at least those i drove while a cannon fodder had a ticking sound while starting off.
can you post a vid of the sound you are hearing?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Was it a red river rebuild truck?

I saw in the listing on govplanet that is had a blown upper hose. I can hear noise in that running video it had for the listing.

It probably blew the liner o ring or a wrist pin let go

162tcat

Took my M936 for a drive on the highway this morning and I'm pretty sure I blew up the motor. Many bad, bad noises. Oil seems clean and full. No smoke coming out the exhaust. But a really bad noise from the motor under load.
Aren’t you the guy that was running the truck on ether to build air? You really need to spend some time reading the manuals and do some maintenance before you just hit the road. That is a lot of truck and you can do some serious damage to your truck, yourself or others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks