• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

FloridaAKM

These M-353 are nice trailers & are in excellent shape from the remanufacture process. I took one to work as a show & tell & it was sold before halfway thru the day. Guy needed a trailer to haul a diesel tank & that was all she wrote. I still have three left for generators & other stuff that needs a home here in the country!

Skinner23

These M-353 are nice trailers & are in excellent shape from the remanufacture process. I took one to work as a show & tell & it was sold before halfway thru the day. Guy needed a trailer to haul a diesel tank & that was all she wrote. I still have three left for generators & other stuff that needs a home here in the country!
I have one as well. Haven’t done anything with it yet but it is way too cool of a trailer not to pick one up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyderman

I wish I was going to the machine gun shoot @ Knob Creek also. That was lots of fun for the 10 year period I went. You look like you are loaded & ready for 3 wakeups & then hit the road. Enjoy!
Yeah I go down for the week. Went down Saturday and put up the tent.

Sent from my webslinger using Tapatalk

FloridaAKM

Well, it looks like you are far enough from the Huey LZ to not affect your tent setup, nice job by the way. I will be recovering 2 more of the M-353 trailers this week while you are having a blast @ the Creek. One year, a few years back, there was a co-pilot there who had a Deuce like mine, painted desert tan, a late model Air Force model, that was really nice on the outside, but with a rough interior. It was enjoyable swapping Deuce issues with him, but even better to go along for a ride in the Huey! Those were fun times.

Spyderman

Yeah we are back just past the old mud pit. Not close to the Huey. Hope you have a good time with the recovery. I am thinking about going up to Illinois and picking up a S280. I think it will look good on my M989A1 trailer.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Enough of the guns and ammo discussion posts.
I deleted 3 posts already.
Next one gets an infraction.

Back to Trailers

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won a 1987 M149A2 at auction.
400 gallon stainless steel tank.
Big plus is it's less than 40 miles from me.

7063D35F-1C44-4DEA-970C-151C9E09C449.jpg456F79B9-3356-42C4-B0D1-3CD86AC88CEA.jpg

I pick it up next week.
Lots to do and first thing is a good power washing.
Basic maintenance and new tires.
Then 383 Green repaint for sure.

Looks like pintle section has been modified for easier transport.
400 gallon tanker trailer Should come in handy at the ranch.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won a 1987 M149A2 at auction.
400 gallon stainless steel tank.
Big plus is it's less than 40 miles from me.

View attachment 779254View attachment 779255

I pick it up next week.
Lots to do and first thing is a good power washing.
Basic maintenance and new tires.
Then 383 Green repaint for sure.

Looks like pintle section has been modified for easier transport.
400 gallon tanker trailer Should come in handy at the ranch.
That’s a great buy. I picked one up in 2004, love them.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it for $400
A little pricey I thought but it’s really close to me.

I’ve always wanted one of these.

dmetalmiki

Well, I don't know about (Just) Today..But I am trying to source a set of Brake Drums, Brake Shoes and Springs! for my trailer.
Worst deal and outcome ever in all my many years.
I bought the trailer from the E.U.
The seller a private 'Dealer' had it delivered to me on a German registered arctic unit.
Looked OK so we put it in storage.
When I took it out after some time to service it and adjust the brakes, I could not get the brakes to work, Although the rods and actuators seemed to be working fine.
I took of the outside pair of wheels to check the reason..
******!!!!, There were no brake drums! And no brake shoes or springs.
The actuators were there and working ok.
I was SO P...., off...
I an STILL p.... off....The seller came up with, "oh I thought they were there and working".
He purports to be looking around for some parts for me...,To date nothing heard back from him.
Can anyone here help?.

Attachments

Last edited:

Spyderman

Drove back home today towing the M989A1. It pulls great. Don't even know it's back there. Well until you go up a hill.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I don't know about (Just) Today..But I am trying to source a set of Brake Drums, Brake Shoes and Springs! for my trailer.
Worst deal and outcome ever in all my many years.
I bought the trailer from the E.U.
The seller a private 'Dealer' had it delivered to me on a German registered arctic unit.
Looked OK so we put it in storage.
When I took it out after some time to service it and adjust the brakes, I could not get the brakes to work, Although the rods and actuators seemed to be working fine.
I took of the outside pair of wheels to check the reason..
******!!!!, There were no brake drums! And no brake shoes or springs.
The actuators were there and working ok.
I was SO P...., off...
I an STILL p.... off....The seller came up with, "oh I thought they were there and working".
He purports to be looking around for some parts for me...,To date nothing heard back from him.
Can anyone here help?.
Post your parts needed in the Parts Wanted forum.
A heavy truck parts store might have them also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks