What did you do to your trailer today.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
pretty sure he can't. This ons happened to be sitting in a rotting cardboard box next to the trailer it was supposed to be installed on in the motor pool for a couple of years.

Yup, I'm in Washington, down near Oly.
are you on the PNW SS facebook group?
Facebook? No, I'll have nothing to do with facebook.

I'm out in Kitsap. near the navy bases.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Facebook? No, I'll have nothing to do with facebook.

I'm out in Kitsap. near the navy bases.
We do a yearly camping event in July for the local group. Usually have 8-12 vehicles show up. We also do a new year's beach run out at ocean shores. Add to these a maintenance day to hang out and do a little work on our vehicles sometime in the spring, and the occasional drive as a group, and other events.
I understand the feeling about facecrook, and primarily use it just for a few contacts.

If you're interested I can try to remember to message you with any events we're doing, and I'll try to post them in the events forum here as well.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just down in Oly last Wednesday to pick up a paint sprayer I won off ironplanet. I had an appointment in Taco so I drove around thru Shelton from Kitsap. I walked into the rental place that had auctioned off the stuff to pick it up and they look confused, shuffled their papers, and tell me someone already picked it up. They even show me the paperwork with a signature next to my name. :mad:

So we go a few rounds and the manager finally figures out what happened. Seems one guy won several items and picked them all up, and they accidently gave him my paint sprayer instead of the one he won. They had his phone number and called him, but no speaka-the-english. So the manager texts him which lets him use goog-translate, and he agrees to bring it back. Only problem is I’m about an hour from home.

So they agree to ship it to the rental branch in my town at no charge. I leave with nothing but the guy’s word. I don’t hear back on Thurs, and Friday I call them. They’re getting the sprayer back on Saturday. Saturday they call me finally, say they got it and will fedex it one-day to my local store. Two hours later I get a call from the local store that they have it and I can come pick it up (they must have driven it up instead). So it’s in the garage now. It should be a working unit- it has their ‘Ready to Rent’ tag on it. I’ll probably get a look at it this weekend while I’m in the garage running the ghostgunner (supposed to stick closed while it’s milling just in case).

cucvrus

I repaired the severed wiring harness,DSCF8271.JPG DSCF8275.JPG removed the military trailer plug and put a 7 round in place. I eliminated all the wiring that I don't need and maintained the 4 wires only. DSCF8277.JPG I found I need 1 new LED amber and base. DSCF8276.JPGI ordered a new lamp and base online. Earlier in the week I located 2 Chevrolet CUCV M1028 wheels and today I found another one. for use as a spare tire. DSCF8278.JPG Now I need to bleed the brakes as I removed the master cylinder to clean and repair the broken cap. I have a brand-new cap now. The glued cap would work but it lacks the rubber seal inside. Not worth the effort or risk to just reuse the old cap. Any tips on bleeding these brakes. Or I will just dive in tomorrow and learn. Take Care. Be Safe.

Attachments

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
I repaired the severed wiring harness,View attachment 856710 View attachment 856713 removed the military trailer plug and put a 7 round in place. I eliminated all the wiring that I don't need and maintained the 4 wires only. View attachment 856715 I found I need 1 new LED amber and base. View attachment 856714I ordered a new lamp and base online. Earlier in the week I located 2 Chevrolet CUCV M1028 wheels and today I found another one. for use as a spare tire. View attachment 856716 Now I need to bleed the brakes as I removed the master cylinder to clean and repair the broken cap. I have a brand-new cap now. The glued cap would work but it lacks the rubber seal inside. Not worth the effort or risk to just reuse the old cap. Any tips on bleeding these brakes. Or I will just dive in tomorrow and learn. Take Care. Be Safe.
Lookin Good @cucvrus !

Pretty nice pile of firewood too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks