• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need some for a cargo cover, did you buy a lot? I think one can get o-ring by the roll.
Bought a 100’ roll from McMaster-Carr.
Wasn't that expensive.
Used less than half.

It’s the simple things in life.
Now I don’t mind getting in and out of trailer.
Ropes were a PITA.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did
you tie a knot under the tarp? Is each hole it’s individual rope?
I used the 5/16” size since I needed a loop.
Fit great!
Yes. Just a knot behind the tarp at each tiedown point.
That way I can adjust in future if needed.
It is not a continuous loop all the way around

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That video is extremely steady. What make of drone do you have ? Also where were you standing when you where controlling the drone ? I couldn't see you.
It's a DJI Mavic Pro. There was actually a 5-10 mph crosswind coming in from the right of the drone from where it was staged. It got a workout trying to hold position but it did very well considering.

I was on the driverside of the truck until I got it in position. I set the remote down to assist with loading, then picked it back up for the pan around the truck.

srodocker

Swamp donkey im still in love with that trailer.trying to convince myself that I want a equipment trailer but a car trailer my smaller rigs can tow is more practical.

Looks great. how high will it extend or is that it?

I’m interested in something like that for my trailer, have been looking at used Harmar and other brands of electric wheelchair lifts; something like this might do the trick.

What brand/model is that?
thanks! I got it at harbor freight. It’s the only bed mounted one the sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks