• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do with your M105 trailer frame, after stealing the bed for your bob?

ccf460

As the suggests, after stealing the bed off your 105 trailer, what cool whatever did you make the rest into?
Pics would be great. I thought about mounting a tank for collecting WMO, or selling the springs to someone
to bob their truck ,and scrap the rest?

Last edited:

197thhhc

I used the frame to make a subframe for the springs on my bobber. That way I didnt have to use blocks and the 2 stage M105 springs make for a not so stiff ride. I also used the rear section and mounted it under my deuces frame to mount my reese hitch to.

d42.jpgd41.jpgd40.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I like what gbooth did with the axle and parts after I used the bed on my 818. I will see if he can put up a thread, it traverses ,elevates and breech opens.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

I like what gbooth did with the axle and parts after I used the bed on my 818.
Are there any build threads on this? Or some more pictures? I really want to build something like that for the end of the driveway. Since I dont have any trucks right now I need something for a land mark that the neighbors can use like "turn left at the house with the cannon out front". They used to say "the house with all the army trucks" but that doesnt work anymore.

gbooth

I have a lot of picts I will tryand post them, as for instuctions I am not very good at writing things down. I see things in my head then re work it several times till I put it togather.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a M105, but I recently got a junker M101, the bed was scrap metal, and gimpy bought most of what's left to be a portable dolly to mount his genset to, so he can move it around his yard more easily.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks