• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you guys do?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold off some of my firearms...
:shock:

I love my MVs but don't think I'd go that far :-D.

I had collected a pretty good pile of stuff (scrap iron) when I got "the fever". I decided to clean the place up and make some cash to buy my first truck. It was a rough truck but I fixed it up good enough for a logger (they don't care what the body looks like as long as it runs good) and sold it and made enough to get me in a good truck. It's been all down hill from there :-D.

PorscheTech911

Well your right about the tank, I used to drive a t-34 for the germans when i did WWII reenacting. Thats why I came to school, so I can maintain our motor pool :-D and if i didnt owe money on the malibu it would gone for the first 1000 dollars haha

dittle

The other advantage a deuce has over a 5 ton is (atleast here in MN)

1. No CDL required due to lower GVWR
2. No commercial insurance/licensing due to lower GVWR (don't know you can get a 5 ton as a collector or not.... I own a DEUCE!!!! :-D)
3. No DOT inspections due to lower GVWR

PorscheTech911

The other advantage a deuce has over a 5 ton is (atleast here in MN)

1. No CDL required due to lower GVWR
2. No commercial insurance/licensing due to lower GVWR (don't know you can get a 5 ton as a collector or not.... I own a DEUCE!!!! :-D)
3. No DOT inspections due to lower GVWR
That right there basicly settles the argument for me :grin:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold a bunch of tools and equipment I didn't need to purchase my first truck.

Buy one as soon as you can, they won't be on GL much longer I fear...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to sell my body to 70 and 80 year old women. Since I'm so big I had more than enough to go around and I made the money it took to buy my first Deuce.

Don't give up, there is always a way. I don't recommend my path unless you have a hankering for putting teeth in a jar of Efferdent.

sw

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here - sold some duplicate or less interesting firearms to finance my first Duece (I still have plenty). Until that point, I printed out the operators TM and read it several times.

PorscheTech911

Anyone interested in buying a WWII german mauser with 200 rounds of ammo and stripper clips? make me a good offer :razz:

you could imagine where the money will go :-D

PorscheTech911

Anyone interested in buying a WWII german mauser with 200 rounds of ammo and stripper clips? make me a good offer :razz:

you could imagine where the money will go :-D

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was interested in 6x6 trucks for many years. One day, I wrecked a 1-ton van by slamming it into an abandoned K-car in the left lane of the interstate around a blind curve at 65MPH. That was a very interesting experience.

Negotiation of the value of the van with the insurance co. lasted about 8 months. During that time I bought a car.

I later used the compensation from the van's collision insurance to buy a deuce.

note: this method involves considerable risk and is not for everyone.