• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what did you replace your 3" heater vent hoses with ?

I pulled the dash out to to see why my defrosters weren't working during this winter and discovered they were rotted out. From the under the hood heater to the cab I replaced with Walmart tin flexible dryer hose. I assumed from the diverter to the defroster vents were the same :) To get to town I'll have to borrow a truck , get my night hand to cover my shift while I make the 3hr round trip to the closest town, Minot, ND. I would like an idea before I run to town on what to look for, the longer I take the less sleep he gets. If I need to, I can order something that someone recommends.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get my ducting from Aircraftspruce, neoprene (CAT) for average temperature and silicone (SCAT) for high temp applications, such as fuel burning heaters.
cat ducting.jpg

Excellent service, they also carry many other little things like mil spec cotter pins...

eagle4g63

I went to Menards and bought the aluminum drier flex vent......I think a 10-20 foot was only a few dollars. The stuff worked great, did the same thing on my last truck also.

Woodsplinter

Repo3004- it's just generic hose used to connect from a cars A/C fan to the outlets in the dash. It's not on the web site but the stores have it hanging on the parts shelves behind the front counter. Not every Autozone out here carries it- you may be having the same issue there. While looking for this I discovered that almost every "parts counter" person calls it something different- go figure.

Took some 'splaining to get what I wanted.

Mark

Dipstick

Hi everyone. I finally attached the mil-type hose from my heater box to my passenger side defroster nozzle yesterday. I had a helluva time getting the stock 3" hose over it. I got it about 75% on and called it quits. Is there some secret tip to getting these hoses to go on more easily?

Dipstick

Thanks Splinter. I did the same. Sandblasted and painted the glove box while I had it out too. I should have used some form of lubricant. I still have to do the driver's side hose.

Kenny714

I have a few pieces of the stock hose at the house if you want them. PM me with measurements and I'll see if I have enough.

Drivers side is much harder than the passenger side. I cut the bottom off a tappered hard plastic cup to get mine on. Works great.

Dipstick

I have a few pieces of the stock hose at the house if you want them. PM me with measurements and I'll see if I have enough.ou

Drivers side is much harder than the passenger side. I cut the bottom off a tappered hard plastic cup to get mine on. Works great.
Kenny,
Your solution sounds interesting. Could you provide me with a short description of how you used the cup? Did you leave the cut down cup in place after the hose went on?
Thanks, Owen

I went to Menards and bought the aluminum drier flex vent......I think a 10-20 foot was only a few dollars. The stuff worked great, did the same thing on my last truck also.
Found some, thank you. I think once I get the shape and length I want, I'm going to spray the inside and out with some Bedliner spray rattle cans I have laying around. After last winter, I want EVERY bit of heat going to my toes and windshield :)2013-07-31 14.32.44.jpg

eagle4g63

That's exactly what I used.....you will find that it goes on way easier than the stock stuff.....no fighting at all. Pull the instrument cluster back to get at the hose clamps easier also.... I didn't stretch it out all the way so it is a little heavier....there is plenty of it in there to do 3 lines(but you can't use it on anything else but the 2 defrost so leave it bunched up)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks