• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you replace your radiator hoses with?

Reworked LMTV

Just curious what others have used to replace their radiator hoses and lines with? Did you stay with cloth wrapped silicone hose? Sources would be helpful : )

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to replace the two hoses that go up to the expansion tank behind the cab. I’m hoping I can just go to the auto parts store and buy bulk heater core hose by the foot.

Reworked LMTV

I need to replace the two hoses that go up to the expansion tank behind the cab. I’m hoping I can just go to the auto parts store and buy bulk heater core hose by the foot.
Might be able to do just that. I'll bet there is a few hundred dollars or more in silicone cloth covered hoses in there. Wonder about UV rays eating the exposed rubber. Could cover with that black plastic electrical wire cover the use in vehicles.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4E2137A1-61AF-4681-9E79-5F7B5EB33ADE.jpg
Yes, My truck has black plastic corrugated wire loom cover on the rubber hoses to protect them. It is also not UV stable, but is a cheap sacrificial cover. These were a little short and the hoses have degraded.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks