• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you use to cut your fenders?

Abbylind

I installed 37" tires on my M1008 after a 5" lift. I have a slight rub on the front fenders.

What device(s) did you use to trim the fenders?

How much should I trim?

What did you do with the cut areas so they don't become future body hackers? Rolled edges? Rubber trim?

Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A cut-off wheel in a angle grinder will do a fairly decent job , if you take your time they make a clean cut.

kapnklug

I'll second that, use a 1/8" cutoff wheel on a 4" hand grinder, preferably an old wheel that's small. Cut the rear of the front wheel wells to within 1/4" of the inner fender, then squirt some seam sealer or other caulk inside the angle and bend the remaining 1/4" over with a hammer.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I don't have a CUCV, I did have an "85 K30. I used blue tape and drew out the shape I wanted removed and used a saws all.

jmassenga

I used large channel locks and a rag (to minimize marring the paint) to bend the lower corners in. Makes for a nice clean rolled edge, and clears 36" tires with ~2.5" of lift.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a simple electric jig saw with a fine-cutting metal blade. I then purchased some rubberized body filler from a body shop repair place and filled in the void. After the filler cured, I taped off the area and painted. Worked like a champ.

Attachments

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have added in my previous post, I used Zero-Rates and moved the front axle one-inch forward to help the 11.00/20 NDT tires clear the rear of the front fenders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks