• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What direction?

allrevup

What direction should the center Chevron "V" on a HMMWV radial 37" be, when looking at the tire from the front?
The reason I ask is, because when I mounted the 37" to replace the byasply 36", I started on the right side and took notice of the direction to be pointing UP like a tractor tire.
I Did not think about it, nor did I notice that when installed on the left they are backwars, all 5 tires are mounted the same way. I have a vibration that I did not have before and someone notice the left and right tread are opposite directions. After looking at a couple dozen photos of H1 they have opposite tread direction left to right, and I read that is so that enemy can not tell direction. Is this INTERNET B.S.?

Last edited:

OL AG '89

I don't think the tires are directional. I think they would have arrows on they, like the V-rated directionals on the vettes, bmeer's and the like. These tires put a lot more stress on the "old" suspension parts. check the kingpins, bushings, steering stabilizer, etc.
A little wornout part equals a little vibration or wobble.

KsM715

You 2 (allrevup, dstang97)notice how similar your avatars are? (spooky)

As for the ? I dont think it matters. Your only gonna have one spare (unless your SF).

allrevup

Ksm715 true about just one spare
dstang97 see what you have done, LOL

I just look at a bunch more file photos, and they are pointig up, pointing down and different left side to right side...
So is that to say that there is no right way to run then?

Last edited:

1stSarge

Not BS… Everything in my units were like that.

Right side forward…left side backward… when the enemy sees your tracks, he wont know which way you went.

Love the avatar(s)…

Last edited: