• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do big guys do?

reloader64

6' 2", 245 lbs. Define "comfortable". Seriously, I've driven mine 2 1/2 hours at a time. The upright seating position is more comfortable to me than the laying down position in more modern vehicles. I will admit, the steering wheel rubs my belly, after I get tired of sucking it in.:grin:

Scott

URBNFLX

6' 2", 245 lbs. Define "comfortable". Seriously, I've driven mine 2 1/2 hours at a time. The upright seating position is more comfortable to me than the laying down position in more modern vehicles. I will admit, the steering wheel rubs my belly, after I get tired of sucking it in.:grin:

Scott
This is the exact reason I don't already own a deuce... If I fit in it(without my belly and legs rubbing) , I would have one... I like the crew cabs, but there pretty long, plus they are much more expensive... The DOKA unimogs are nice for big guys too with minimal mods but hey are pricey...

6'5" -6'6" depending on who you ask, 150lbs, only issue i have is i have to cock my clutch leg sideways to start pushing, thats about it, kinda slouch so i can see out the windshield, but i make it comfy, ive driven close to a full 6-8 hrs in one day in it, not bad, but then again, im nuts. just driving it makes me happy, idc about the lack of creature comforts

A

A/C Cages

Im 6'-4" 303lbs and not fat. Yeah right!
Ok, my belly doesnt rub the wheel but its a tight fit so I took out the seat and put in a box framed seat from a conversion van. Much more comfortable then before. With a seat like that you dont need air or springs.

2 M816's and a M818. 6' (used to be 6-2) 280 (I carry it well :)). I clear the wheel fine. My problem is the clutch pedal. I had to stand up today to push in the pedal for the clutch because my leg would not fit under the wheel.

6'5"-330# here. Same problem as others. A little belly rub, but the canting of the leg, or having to half-stand to get my foot up on the clutch is the hardest part for me.

Is there a way to adjust them down a bit, or is it time for some D.I.Y. modding?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
6'5"-330# here. Same problem as others. A little belly rub, but the canting of the leg, or having to half-stand to get my foot up on the clutch is the hardest part for me.

Is there a way to adjust them down a bit, or is it time for some D.I.Y. modding?
They have 3 notches in them which allow for some adjustment, I think you should be able to get close to a 2 in. drop. Not sure how much travel is required to release the clutch so I would be careful cutting to make shorter.

I'm 5' 10", 220 lbs, and while my belly doesn't rub, it comes close enough to make me uncomfortable. If I'm wearing a coat, it almost feels like I'm trapped in there.

It's not enough to make it unbearable, but it does get kinda uncomfortable after a while.

Gonna have to come up with something.

LC

jbingvtx

I saw a thread months ago in which the steering column was cut down to get the steering wheel away from the driver. I don't know how difficult this mod would be but its an option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks