• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do I do now?

USMC6062

I just won my first deuce. I searched on here and on GL's website for an answer, but couldn't find it. I know I have to submit an EUC, but do I wait untill I recieve my invoice that says I won? It says I should get that after midnight. Also can you submit an EUC via email, or do you fill it out, print it out, then fax it? Is one way more successfull than the other? Thanks a bunch, Alex

Attachments

Crash_AF

You have to print it out and sign it, then you can either scan and e-mail it or fax it in.

And the EUC must be completed before you are invoiced.

Later,
Joe

USMC6062

So I can fill one out right now? The auction just closed today at 5:00 pm, I am the high bidder, but I haven't recieved anything saying I won yet. On GL's sight it says you will be invoiced after midnight on the day the auction closed. Has anyone had bad luck scanning and emailing? That would be easiest for me.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
You will have to email a pic of your driver's liscense anyways, so if it is easier to email it all anyways then do that.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Scan and email, that way you have proof you sent paperwork to them. It's very easy to say "we didn't get that fax" trust me.....

USMC6062

I may have found my answer on GL. It says submit EUC once you are confirmed the high bidder. It says you will recieve an email within 24 hours. I just want to get the ball rolling, I know I have a long wait ahead of me untill the EUC is all approved. I can't wait!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USMC6062 said:
I may have found my answer on GL. It says submit EUC once you are confirmed the high bidder. It says you will recieve an email within 24 hours. I just want to get the ball rolling, I know I have a long wait ahead of me untill the EUC is all approved. I can't wait!
Patience Grasshopper, that which you seek will come in time.

100dollarman

Congrats on your win!

I just picked up my first trucks after waiting about 1 month for EUCs to clear. I was real excited about getting the ball rolling on it too, but like the guys said- just be patient. It'll happen.
I faxed my docs in at first, but when nothing happened for 1 week, I called and eventually scanned and em'd everything in. Thats what worked for me. I will em the next ones.

Hundy.

ps- All the timing and paperwork and all the things that can go wrong are a little intimidating at first, but its not all that bad once you get it figured out.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Enjoy the new toy :D Looks like Jacksonville? Do believe I got the bid on lot 1502 winch truck from there. I just needed some body parts and figured was cheaper to buy the truck and part out the rest.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patience is going to be the thoughest part. The pics were taken at Camp Blanding but the trucks are at NAS JAX DRMO now. I was just there a few weeks back and saw the trucks sitting there. They were also sold on sale 3237 so I fugred they were paid for already so I didn't fool with them. Wished I had now and could at least advise if the brakes were up. Here's the bad part. You will be receiveing a FL title in your name for the truck. This means the wait for the SF 97 is even longer. It will come through though. Looks good. Oh, for you and Floridianson, copy the pics and the page because GL will lose the page within 24 hrs. Do this tonight.

USMC6062

Floridianson said:
Enjoy the new toy :D Looks like Jacksonville? Do believe I got the bid on lot 1502 winch truck from there. I just needed some body parts and figured was cheaper to buy the truck and part out the rest.
I hope you looked at 1502 first,its rusted out pretty bad. My friend was bidding on it for drivetrain parts, but it went higher than he wanted to spend. I can get my truck as soon as the EUC clears correct, I don't have to wait on the SF97 to pick it up I hope?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USMC6062 said:
I can get my truck as soon as the EUC clears correct, I don't have to wait on the SF97 to pick it up I hope?
Yes, when the EUC clears and you have the PAID invoice in your possession you can call the GL site manager and make arrangements for picking it up. Make sure you have what you need to get on to the site, license and insurance. Read the sticky list for what to take with you.

Congrats on the truck and enjoy.

steve

kingsley

EUC

My advice is scan all the documents and email them to GL. The follow up and find out who will handle your case and speak / email them. Follow up...follow up ....follow up. It is all on you to make sure you get the docs right.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Kenny didn't think of that. Funny yesterday they said at closing I was out bid on the other two I looked at 1503 & 1506. OK today E mail said I won the bid on them. Has this ever happened to anyone? Looks like I opened the door now lets see if I can get through it!
USMC yea 1502 is a rust bucket but if all goes well I guess I will take the winch and add it to the drop side and the rest will be spare parts.

sak00

Am I just too cheap???? $2300 seems alot for a "parts truck". Otherwise, The other trucks looked like OK deals. Except for the one that sold for over $3000.
I DON"T mean to offend anybody, maybe its just me and prices are climbing faster than I can get use too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pickup hours at JAX are Monday thru Thursday 0800 to 1400. Have 2 copys of your paid invoice with you. If you wait on them to generate one, you will be there an extra hour. The second copy is for LEOs if you get stopped on the way home. Now alot of those trucks had the Data plates replaced. Make certain that when you do your SF97 request that you put the nuumbers on the frame. Getting new data plates to match those numbers is easy. Yeah Floridianson, acording to the high bid list the same bidder won 1502, 1503 and 1506. IIRC, the paint on 1506 was falling off but the paint under is was tight, 1503 was a little crusty but had 11 wicked brandy new Stones on it. Didn't really look at the winch truck. How far do you have to travel with them? USMC6602, sorry I didn't look at your truck (1505) at all.