• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do I do now?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again Kenny. Just called over to Jax and talked with a woman who said I would not be able to drive them off the lot. :cry: Looks like I will be paying for three trailer rides to Gainesville. Might be 60 miles to home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you can contact Matt at Green Gem. He's over there alot and may be able to tow them off with the Mack wrecker he has. Once they are off JAX property, you can do with them as you wish. Keep me posted as this gets closer, if for some reason I need to head that way, we might be able to pull off some creative deuce moving.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You still have to submit an SF97 request form. GL will generate said SF97 and turn it in with the dealer reassignment supplement to get your FL title in your name.

USMC6062

sak00 said:
Am I just too cheap???? $2300 seems alot for a "parts truck". Otherwise, The other trucks looked like OK deals. Except for the one that sold for over $3000.
I DON"T mean to offend anybody, maybe its just me and prices are climbing faster than I can get use too.
Mine is the one that went over $3000. I didn't plan on spending that much, but it is in real solid shape, runs good, and was driven in from Camp Blanding, so I should be able to drive it home, once I get it off the lot. Plus I figured it was worth spending a little more and getting one close by, instead of hundreds of miles away.

USMC6062

Recovry4x4 said:
Pickup hours at JAX are Monday thru Thursday 0800 to 1400. Have 2 copys of your paid invoice with you. If you wait on them to generate one, you will be there an extra hour. The second copy is for LEOs if you get stopped on the way home. Now alot of those trucks had the Data plates replaced. Make certain that when you do your SF97 request that you put the nuumbers on the frame. Getting new data plates to match those numbers is easy. Yeah Floridianson, acording to the high bid list the same bidder won 1502, 1503 and 1506. IIRC, the paint on 1506 was falling off but the paint under is was tight, 1503 was a little crusty but had 11 wicked brandy new Stones on it. Didn't really look at the winch truck. How far do you have to travel with them? USMC6602, sorry I didn't look at your truck (1505) at all.

Where at on the frame are the VIN numbers located? I'd like to double check that before I do a SF97. thanks, Alex

Green_gator

Now I know who won a couple of vehicles I was looking at this week. Now that I have the M109 I keep finding uses for an M35 and my folks who live in the same part of Tampa have volunteered to let me park mine and another one or two at their home. Due to my usual good luck the DSL line went belly up around 4:30 and did not come back online until after 6 pm. When I picked up my deuce I drove it home with a temporary Florida tag. I went down to the local tax collectors office with the paid invoice, drivers license and insurance card and for $5 they issued me a 30 day temporary tag. If you have all of that they may not have a problem with you driving it off of the base. It is worth looking into with your local office. Where are you located in Florida?

Green_gator

Let me know when you get close to the time for your pick up. I have family in St. Augustine and could use an excuse to go up and visit. I could help you get one home as a driver if you can get the temp tags. Find out what the Jax folks say about it if you have a tag and what you tax collectors office says. Not sure how the timing will work for bringing my deuce as a tow vehicle, if you can locate a tow bar. My second, and last, temp tag will expire on May 25 and probably will not have an SF 97 unitl late June to get the permanent tag. Hmmmm, driving on Crescent Beach in the deuce........

USMC6062

I'm probably going to build a tow bar to get it off the property. My buddy is planning on helping me move it, but if not I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer, Alex

sak00

Hey Alex,
Like I said, I DON'T mean to offend.
You do have a point, if you previewed them (and it sounds like you did) and they were worth it then by all means buy them. The parts truck is what got me. Congradulations on the new trucks. I am glad they got a good home. When your ready to part that one out, let me know. I could use a couple of this.

And again congrats on the new trucks.

EdMontana

100dollarman said:
Congrats on your win!

I just picked up my first trucks after waiting about 1 month for EUCs to clear. I was real excited about getting the ball rolling on it too, but like the guys said- just be patient. It'll happen.

Yeah, I was excited once.....now just plain mad waiting on the SF97's, over FOUR MONTHS now! :cry: :cry: :cry:

USMC6062

SAK00,

I only bought one (1505) and I don't plan on parting it out. I was planning on building a bobbed deuce with it, but it may be to nice to cut. I plan on enjoying it like it is, then see what happens. The only things I will need for it are, a passenger windsheild frame (rusted), drivers door glass (cracked), and maybe a new steering wheel (cracked). The rest of the truck is in awesome shape. It has a new hardtop and hood on it, and a lot of other new looking parts on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks