• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do I need to buy a deuce?

wsucougarx

Once you win an auction on GL, then you have to worry about paperwork. You will need to fill out an EUC and an export letter. Once you are cleared for pickup, then you'll need to submit an SF-97 request form so you can get your truck/trailer titled

Last edited:
getting a deuce

wsucougarx is correct! I will caution you that if you do not fill out the paper work perfectly, GL may kick it back to you and you will have to wait another week or two for it to progress, This happened to me when the paper work asked me what my intended use of the truck will be. DO NOT put down PERSONAL USE!!! I had to give them detailed info. Plus after the paper work is done for GL, it then is sent to the feds for approval.
Form 97 for the pink slip took 60 days and $60.00. What a rip. Plus i received additional paper from the fed warning me not to sell to foreigners or export the truck. You will now be in the system! :???:

Have fun!

johnBoy

Permission of your significant other.:)
Permission of the USA Government.
Permission of your State to register and title.fat lady sings
Permission of the Community you live in to have it at your house.

This list seems to be getting longer and longer!!:???:2cents

Snarky

Do you have some mechanical skills and a moderate tool set for SAE parts? That's required.

Plus i received additional paper from the fed warning me not to sell to foreigners or export the truck. You will now be in the system! :???:

Have fun!
I got that letter for buying an M105A2. It's a pretty sweet letter, DOD logos on it and such.

saddamsnightmare

January 22nd, 2010.

Plus more money to keep it in tires, fuel, parts and repairs...... If you use it much, you will need tires and parts.... it's the nature of a 40 year old beast.....:shock:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:razz:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it helps if your a US citizen and not on a terrorist watch list.

Last edited:

jimm1009

??

I would explore and resolve insurance and storage issues as long as you have the funding taken care of.
Confirm that you can get fair insurance coverage for a fair price and the registration thing in your state. Some states have a provision for registering without a license plate which makes it more correct looking but is personal choice for many.

We the group can get you through the EUC process with some coaching but you also must have a current phone number toed to a currrent mailing address (physical location is best as lot's of people with P.O. Boxes have unfair problems with Uncle Sam). A credit card is best to have on file with G.L. but others have done it more than once without one too. You need to register with G.L. now so that you can start bidding when the time comes if G.L. is the vendor for you. Also GSA sells stuff too but you must also register with them as well.

Registration costs no money but does take anywhere from 4 hours to a few days depending on how busy they are and you can not bid without being registered first.
Your legal name is best when you register and I will use my name as an example. My name is James but I ony use it for signatures and go by Jim for everything else.
For the first two years I purchased stuff as Jim and then it came time to title or register something it was a nightmere in my state becauce "they did not believe that James and Jim could be the same person". I aksed them if Kathy and Katherine could be the same and they got reall really stupid after that.
The only point that I am trying to make twith this is that if you register using the legal name that is on your drivers license it makes things easier down the road.
Good luck and remember the ony dumb question is the that you did NOT ask.
Jim, aka; jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks