• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you all think about this unit for a spin on fuel filter???

parlusk

I am getting air in my fuel and am looking to do a spin on conversion, but I want to be able to see if there is any water collected in the filter. I was searching the internet and came across this. Fram, cat and napa all make replacement filters for them and they are pretty cheap. What do you all think????
cat fuel.jpg

Drock

I like it . Do you think you need a fuel heater? I ended up getting the high dollar FM100 unit because you can add options to it, such as a fuel heater. I probably would never need it ,but if I ever sell the truck it would be a benefit I guess.... here's ah pic of mineBattery tray.jpg

MarcusOReallyus

I am getting air in my fuel and am looking to do a spin on conversion, but I want to be able to see if there is any water collected in the filter. I was searching the internet and came across this. Fram, cat and napa all make replacement filters for them and they are pretty cheap. What do you all think????
I think you need to cough up a manufacturer's name and a model number, and your definition of "pretty cheap", 'cause that looks pretty good! :mrgreen:

rsh4364

looks good,did some searching,its a Cat#252-6338,has 2 inlets 2 outlets,8" long,4" wide,bolt hole spacing 2.125 ,replacement filters,Wix#33166,Napa#3166,6-8 gpm, 10 micron.I did see some 4 micron filters also but cant find now.

Last edited:

Smokinyoda

looks good,did some searching,its a Cat#252-6338,has 2 inlets 2 outlets,8" long,4" wide,bolt hole spacing 2.125 ,replacement filters,Wix#33166,Napa#3166,6-8 gpm, 10 micron.
I believe the Cat#252-6338 is the part number for actual filter/water separator that screws onto the filter head. I think everyone here is looking for the part number of the filter head.

parlusk

As soon as mine comes in I will try my best to find a part number. I found mine on Ebay. Here are a list of all the replacement filter is that will help anyone to find a part number to the base NAPA 3166 FRAM C1191A WIX 33166 CAT 252-6338

rsh4364

As soon as mine comes in I will try my best to find a part number. I found mine on Ebay. Here are a list of all the replacement filter is that will help anyone to find a part number to the base NAPA 3166 FRAM C1191A WIX 33166 CAT 252-6338
LOL did you outbid me today?And yes guys it includes the head unit also.Was gonna use as a primary filter before fuel pump as its 10 micron.

parlusk

Yup...lol I won one on Friday ($8.99 plus shipping)and a buddy of mine said he wanted one... I had already started this thread, so i contacted the guy to see if he would combine shipping and he said yes so I got the one that ended today. I am glad that I had already won mine haha! I understand their no posting auctions rule.

parlusk

I am using this as a primary. As far as I know it is as simple as removing the old filter housing, unplugging the old sensors, remounting the new filter housing, making two connections, then priming and go.

rsh4364

Yup...lol I won one on Friday ($8.99 plus shipping)and a buddy of mine said he wanted one... I had already started this thread, so i contacted the guy to see if he would combine shipping and he said yes so I got the one that ended today. I am glad that I had already won mine haha! I understand their no posting auctions rule.
Haha that's funny,Iwas gonna use as filter in front of my electric pump as I have a wix setup on firewall that's a 3 micron filter,Ill get one eventually .haha small world anymore.Another nice touch is dual inlets and outlets,you can put a fuel press.gauge on both,that way you can monitor pump and filter health.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks