• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you build?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK - So you're banned!(In my little world!) :D You might as well have finished the pics with the caption "Now follow that - suckers" or "Ner-ne ner-ne ner-ner".

You could at least have started off the thread with a paper aeroplane, small flower arrangement, turned salad bowl, coat hook.....

But you had to do it!

By the way - that is an impressive skill with the welding thing and a fantastic shop you work in/own(?)

I have nothing to add here that is as fine as your work... Nice thread idea too.

NB. I used to be an AWS CWI so I wasn't kidding about the welding either!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's seriously nice and high quality fabrication. How about posting a few pictures of one of the finished products? Is it all tig weld? Is it molly tube?

Heath_h49008

Yeah those are definately some nice welds. No joke.

Whatever those tube chassis are gonna be, photos of the finished product would be great
That would ruin the fun!

I say we get pictures once we figure out what they are for certain. Rear engine, 3 identical units, a very nice pre-fabricated, red painted, custom rack for the control arms implies they will not be the only ones produced. Massive structures implies racingwith a slim chance of being prop-cars. (I say that because they reminded me of the structure used to build the most recent "Bat Mobile.")

Anybody big into desert racing recognize that chassis? This guy is definitely not an amateur.

Again, that is beautiful work. (And a beautiful shop!):not worthy:

BenTerrible

Anything but baja buggy "production"...privately owned race team. I buit several spares for 3 of the race vehicles. I spent some time doing production race cars at a different company, no money in it. On average we were pumping out 45 cars annually.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Humm I think the shop is toooo clean :) Time to get things dirty. Beautiful work, I hope the trucks are winners!

tm america

Nice work looks like laser cut pieces...I build the 12 and 24 volt alt brackets for the duece as well as front and rear hitches for them to..i am now making alt brackets for the 800 and 900 series trucks to..i have built to much to list but some of my cooler things are my machines i built. my latest is a 5 axis 4x8 cnc plasma-router table with water table and rotary axis..

Attachments

WRMorrison

Most of the really cool stuff I've made is protected by NDA's :( As for building parts for myself, I've got pics of some of it:

1: 1911 grips out of black acetal
2: milled AK-74 receiver
3: several AR-15 receivers from forgings
4: M1919A4 stuff
5: MANN project before (long story...)
6: MANN project after
7: one of several custom-designed RC rockcrawlers
8: custom chassis RC car stuff
9: built a few "man-sized" ladder stands for hunting

grips1.jpgmilled 74 receiver.jpg
forging10.jpgRSP blanks.jpgmann7.jpgfinished1.jpgflex3.jpgJJ1.jpgtreestand1.jpg

Lots of other stuff, but I don't always take pics of everything...

-WRM

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks