What do you build?

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent project, Weldman.

All of your steel there has a look to it that reminds me of a project I worked on a long time ago:

- Is that all "Cor-Ten" product that you used there, or something like it (pre-oxidized)?
Thanks and nope it's not "Cor-Ten", it's just 4.5 inch drill stem pipe for main poles, 2.875 inch drill stem for all other pipes and the roof is from 4 of 17 grain bins someone let me tear down for free! Main roof sheets are 18 gauge for over hang on each end, and then it's 18 gauge sheet for center with two 20 gauge sheets on each side all from 3/8/1965 according to the stamps on them.
The side wings when they go up will be 22 gauge grain bin sheets from 12 of 17 grain bins except I have a tubing roller I will roll 1 5/8" 10 gauge pipe to go every 16 inches on center so I can bury them for temperature control under 2 feet of dirt. Held up to 80 mph winds so far unsupported and snow just falls off.
I do have videos on it, just click on the others I have listed besides this one.

Another Ahab

The side wings when they go up will be 22 gauge grain bin sheets from 12 of 17 grain bins except I have a tubing roller I will roll 1 5/8" 10 gauge pipe to go every 16 inches on center so I can bury them for temperature control under 2 feet of dirt.
"Temperature control", for the structural steel?

I'm not getting that (but then I'm none too smart either), what's that about?!

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess not many weld on here...
Anywho, drunk took my mailbox out and almost did it a second time except missed and took a tree out instead so I built a better one. Yes I know the regulations of mailboxes and such from USPS. Welp I built a package box so FedEx, UPS, and USPS have a place to put my packages at same time incorporated it as a stand to hold my mailbox.Package box 1.jpegPackage box 2.jpegPackage box 3.jpegPackage box 4.jpeg

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Package box 9.jpegPackage box 10.jpegPackage box 11.jpegPackage box 12.jpeg

Standing 8’ tall to the top built with using 240 lbs of concrete, salt lick tub, #5 rebar, 20” pipe, disc from a tilling plow, expanded metal, 8” junior I beam, 6” channel iron, .375” DOM, pin from my spare backhoe, 4.5” pipe, lynch pin and handle from a welders chipping hammer. I think that’s all I used. Built from scrap laying around

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an excellent piece of work there, Weldman!

How did you manage those PERFECT bends (#4 bar?), on the street numbers?!!
Thanks,
You are looking at it in the second picture and it's #5. Stuck the rebar in a hole on a frame and heat it up with cutting torch wrapping it around a pipe of the size I wanted the bends at.

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow.

That is a very cool machine!

And guessing that there are different dies for different diameter tube/pipe?

Is the cost under $1K?
The machine with shipping breaks over $1000 just barely, but the dies run about $210 a set for whatever you are rolling. Got square tubing, angle iron, pipe, handrail caps, rectangle, and edge roller, might be more.
Roller

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks