• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you call the three inch ring of soft metal b/t exhaust y-pipe and water fording exhaust pipe?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you call the three inch ring of soft metal b/t exhaust y-pipe and water fording exhaust pipe?

I'm installing a water fording exhaust pipe and I need to buy that ring from a local muffler shoppe. I'd like to call it by the correct name

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
unofficial name is "exhaust donought" or technical name is exhaust flange gasket. I ordered mine from kascar as it looked civy but I could not find the correct one aftermarket.
As always, you’re an awesome fund of helpful info. Thanks!!!

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an aside and something to consider.......I've seen the fording exhaust stack can spew out indelible diesel exhaust fluid that essentially stains everything it contacts pretty badly. Including the truck itself. Think of an exhaust tattoo lol. So if you are parked next to other vehicles, or garage wall, or wall of house, be careful not to park in those areas.

I have a fording kit but won't be installing the exhaust stack unless I know I'll need it. I'm sure you already know, but unless the truck stalls/turns off, the truck is pumping exhaust through the pipe even if it's underwater. Even if it stalls it's likely to be fine with the regular exhaust as it has to draw up pretty far.

I do like the look and utility of it. Curious to hear what others think.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an aside and something to consider.......I've seen the fording exhaust stack can spew out indelible diesel exhaust fluid that essentially stains everything it contacts pretty badly. Including the truck itself. Think of an exhaust tattoo lol. So if you are parked next to other vehicles, or garage wall, or wall of house, be careful not to park in those areas.

I have a fording kit but won't be installing the exhaust stack unless I know I'll need it. I'm sure you already know, but unless the truck stalls/turns off, the truck is pumping exhaust through the pipe even if it's underwater. Even if it stalls it's likely to be fine with the regular exhaust as it has to draw up pretty far.

I do like the look and utility of it. Curious to hear what others think.
I’ve advised my customers for years that the exhaust is a problem as you have stated, one customer in particular refused to listen and his new cargo extension was essentially ruined because he didn’t believe me.

M1165A1

My regular exhaust does a pretty good job of marking the bay floor and my Tahoe . . . I really need to hook up some kind of exhaust hose to remove the fumes outside the garage when I start.

signsup

I took my M998 to a local high school for a veterans day event and one of the youth asked me what the stack was for and I replied that that is how the military could tell if it was a male or female Humvee. I don't think he got it.
I like the look of both the snorkle and snorter, but it does puke all over my slant back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks