• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you guys think?

cjd

I finally got my 1123 after 6 months. The passenger seat is navy blue! In the pre-purchase pics the seat was off a bit, but was most definitely green. Iron Planet says the seats change color like that in the "weather". Has anyone else had a seat change colors? I removed it in the second picture to see if , perhaps, it was still green around the edges where it was protected from the sun and rain...

8454373c-273b-4551-9936-4bcbb6ce345a.jpgIMG_1615.jpg

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got my 1123 after 6 months. The passenger seat is navy blue! In the pre-purchase pics the seat was off a bit, but was most definitely green. Iron Planet says the seats change color like that in the "weather". Has anyone else had a seat change colors? I removed it in the second picture to see if , perhaps, it was still green around the edges where it was protected from the sun and rain...

View attachment 862157View attachment 862158
Typical weathering. I've seen it frequently.

blutow

Congrats on the new truck. If the blue seat makes the top 10 list of surprises, you'll be doing OK.

I've had my truck a little over a month and I've got it mostly sorted out. No big surprises on mine, just lots of little stuff you'd expect for a 20 year old vehicle. Go through your truck very carefully and identify anything significant that doesn't match the auction evaluation. I think you only have a week or so to file a claim if something was misstated.

My GP inspection report had multiple mistakes (some in my favor, some not). The most glaring was "seat belts operational", when they were not even installed and one was completely broken. I was going to make a claim on the seat belt since it was such an obvious oversight, but then I discovered there is a $750 deductible for the "iron clad guarantee". So, they can misrepresent an auction item and the first $750 of their mistake is just the cost of doing business with them. I honestly didn't want to mess with doing a claim anyway over a couple hundred bucks, so I wasn't too disappointed in the $750 deductible. I'll be happy when I get my SF97 and I'll be done messing with GP for a while.

cjd

Well, thanks for the responses! I feel much better now. When I felt like I hit a stone wall, I congratulated the manager for winning, as a cheapo seat cover was not worth pursuing further. I said I would turn to social media, which he said was a threat. It really wasn't, as I had every intention of actually doing just that...making it a statement instead of a threat.

Anyway, I closed the file and moved on to to other things. Then, out of the blue they offered to replace my missing mirror (with a used one, of course), and offered a $250 bidding credit. After hearing all your experiences, I think I made out pretty good.

It was more the principal than anything else. Over the last year I won a Stearman airplane that turned out to be missing half the tail, a hood for the hummer, that wound up being damaged and coated with bed liner (unusable to me and more work to remove the bed liner than the cost of the hood)...and then I won this HMV, which came missing a mirror, a blue seat, a non HMV battery, and a few other little issues that were not disclosed. In short, this was more principal than monetary. I reached a point where I was just plain tired of Iron Planet shorting me every exchange.

I got the HMV 5 weeks ago...still waiting on the SF97. I agree...it'll be nice to be done with IP for a while!

blutow

I got the HMV 5 weeks ago...still waiting on the SF97. I agree...it'll be nice to be done with IP for a while!
I'm one week ahead of you and have not gotten my SF97 yet either. Hoping to have it in the next ~3 weeks based on recent update from GP

diesel_dave

Well, thanks for the responses! I feel much better now. When I felt like I hit a stone wall, I congratulated the manager for winning, as a cheapo seat cover was not worth pursuing further. I said I would turn to social media, which he said was a threat. It really wasn't, as I had every intention of actually doing just that...making it a statement instead of a threat.

Anyway, I closed the file and moved on to to other things. Then, out of the blue they offered to replace my missing mirror (with a used one, of course), and offered a $250 bidding credit. After hearing all your experiences, I think I made out pretty good.

It was more the principal than anything else. Over the last year I won a Stearman airplane that turned out to be missing half the tail, a hood for the hummer, that wound up being damaged and coated with bed liner (unusable to me and more work to remove the bed liner than the cost of the hood)...and then I won this HMV, which came missing a mirror, a blue seat, a non HMV battery, and a few other little issues that were not disclosed. In short, this was more principal than monetary. I reached a point where I was just plain tired of Iron Planet shorting me every exchange.

Wow, 5 weeks and still no SF97! I am still just at two weeks since pickup so I guess I need to just get comfortable with the wait. Does GP show anything for SF97 status? When I check, its just blank. I've emailed twice to see if they could confirm the SF97 paperwork was at least submitted to the government but its been crickets so far.

cjd

I would call. They do not start the SF97 until you have picked up the truck...and their internal communication between the depot and the titles department is non-existent. I had to call to tell them the truck was picked up and to start the title. I asked them why they wait until pick-up, and they stated it was "in case you abandoned the vehicle they do not waste their time". I asked how many people spend thousands just to abandon it, and she just laughed. If it happens it's likely owners die from old age waiting,LOL.

Anyway, once the SF97 is submitted, then there will be a status displayed...of course that is always "pending".

diesel_dave

I would call. They do not start the SF97 until you have picked up the truck...and their internal communication between the depot and the titles department is non-existent. I had to call to tell them the truck was picked up and to start the title. I asked them why they wait until pick-up, and they stated it was "in case you abandoned the vehicle they do not waste their time". I asked how many people spend thousands just to abandon it, and she just laughed. If it happens it's likely owners die from old age waiting,LOL.

Anyway, once the SF97 is submitted, then there will be a status displayed...of course that is always "pending".
Dang.... I called like three days after I got the truck and they just said they "would make sure the title department knows the truck was picked up" but I guess I need to call again if the emails aren't doing anything. I hate to wait for two months only to find out they never submitted the paperwork.

It is extremely dumb how they wait until AFTER you pick up the truck to start the SF97 paperwork. First you wait 6 months for the EUC, then have to wait another 3 months for the SF97. Like you said, no one is paying $20k for a HMMWV then just not picking it up.

Edit: Just called and got the "our offices are closed currently, our hours are 7 am to 7 pm central time" message. I look at the clock and it was only 1815 central time...... -_-

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dang.... I called like three days after I got the truck and they just said they "would make sure the title department knows the truck was picked up" but I guess I need to call again if the emails aren't doing anything. I hate to wait for two months only to find out they never submitted the paperwork.

It is extremely dumb how they wait until AFTER you pick up the truck to start the SF97 paperwork. First you wait 6 months for the EUC, then have to wait another 3 months for the SF97. Like you said, no one is paying $20k for a HMMWV then just not picking it up.

Edit: Just called and got the "our offices are closed currently, our hours are 7 am to 7 pm central time" message. I look at the clock and it was only 1815 central time...... -_-
The sad part is that they really don't care what you think or if they are doing what you think they should be doing. They work at "political speed" and are in no hurry on anything. 90 days - as awful as it seems has been fast compared to some. Stressing over it only works on your patience, so if you hang loose and wait for them, eventually they will do their dang job and send you your paperwork.

Nobody wants to hear it, but you could do a lot of repairs and inspections in that 90 day "waiting on paperwork" time. It will only make you crazy if you keep looking and waiting... Wish it wasn't that way - but it IS the government - and they work on a schedule completely different than regular people.

diesel_dave

The sad part is that they really don't care what you think or if they are doing what you think they should be doing. They work at "political speed" and are in no hurry on anything. 90 days - as awful as it seems has been fast compared to some. Stressing over it only works on your patience, so if you hang loose and wait for them, eventually they will do their dang job and send you your paperwork.

Nobody wants to hear it, but you could do a lot of repairs and inspections in that 90 day "waiting on paperwork" time. It will only make you crazy if you keep looking and waiting... Wish it wasn't that way - but it IS the government - and they work on a schedule completely different than regular people.
As someone who still works for the government, I know alllll about the speed at which the government operates. As much as I would love to cruise town in my new truck, you are 100% correct about this waiting period being an excellent time to change the fluids, inspect everything, repair the deep water ford system, figure out why the AC is blowing warm and all the little things like that. When the SF97 is finally ready, hopefully I will have the whole truck back in tip top shape.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter

It happens, the guys at one GP sale location said stuff gets abandoned all the time, there was an old M998 there and they told me it had been abandoned.
Watched that place pretty closely and never saw it come back up for sale but after a couple years it vanished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks