• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what do you think

joeypushjr1

ok gents, how we all doing today. ? well im finially back to work im now in the union. the electricans union. ive allways been merit shop and been electrican for 10yrs now but the merit shops just arent having work and ive been out of work since june but went unio and well look at that im in. go me. start in a week. and now i may be back on track for fixing the blazer. i posted pic. for referenc to the question i have. as you knotice there is a visor and cowl i installed . what do you guys think of that im going to be bringing the truck back to its origanal color single color green. under all that tan is blue and under that green , i like the green . so do you think i ought to leave the visor and cowl. i kinda think the cowl makes the truck look alittle meaner. what do you think ? i know alot of you will be like its your truck but just looking for thoughts other than its your truck do what you want...thanx...

Attachments

sht2kll

Howdy: congrats on going back to work. I too am a Union wireman. I have been out of work since Dec. I would like to get back to work so I can resume cleaning up my M1008. Good Luck. Tom

davo727

I like the visor and the non standard hood. Good to hear your back to work soon. Im in a union, airline mechanic. Still it is up to the company whether they are going to treat and pay us well. The company says the **** with us it doesnt matter that we have a union.

My buddy across town does the same job, different company and different union and makes 20K more a year, I was too dumb to go over there 15 years ago. Airline seniority system prevents job change at this point.

ryan77

Congratulation on the the work and union, im a union plumber in chicago cant beet the union pay and benefits, ive worked union and non union, union is the way to go... Truck looks good.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hood and visor, well they are kind of 1980's touches and this is 2010. Can't really boast about a 200 hp diesel in your truck anymore . . .

BTW, welcome to the IBEW, brother.

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

thats what i was thinking the hood makes the truck look alitte meaner.. and thanx on the back to work thing. ive allways said id never go union cause you hear some many horroe stories. about them working you just under your time to become a member and lay you off and soo on . and they have some many sitting laid off now and when bring you on lay you off right away . but i actually have a contractor to go to and they have plenty work from what there telling me . ive been in a merit shop non union for 10 yrs now and well needles to sya of everyone ive contacted nobody has work so i tucked my tail and went union. hope it turns out better then all the stories.. but back on track i think majority rule here ill keep the visor and keep yalll updated on my progress wonce i start. the truck .. thanx..

Heavysteven

Just my thoughts and it is your truck. However, I vote for removing both, I just don't feel it with the visor and hood. As always I would paint 3 color CARC camo, just love the camo.

Good to hear your working.

joeypushjr1

blown fuse huh? that would explain my slow starting when it was cold out. .. so you wanna get rid of that 1008 you have lol.. i like how it sits. looks mean

Aurora

thanks for the complement but sorry not looking to sell. i'm actually in the process of working on the front end. i'm rebuilding the knuckles and replacing the axle u-joints. i hope to have that finished up this weekend so i can drive it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks