• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you to cap your Deuce exhaust stack with?

Ridgerunner

I got my Deuce in mid winter, and I didn't have space inside my barns for it at the time. So it sat outside for a bit. Now it's inside 99% of the time. When it's not parked inside, I use a plastic 13oz Folgers coffee can to keep the weather out. The 13oz can has just the right inside dia. that it fits snug on the pipe, and the wind can not blow it off, and it covers 2" below the stack opening. So you won't get any weather down inside the exhaust pipe. And because its light plastic, if you forget to take it off when you crank up the engine, it won't damage your other car that's parked right next to it when it fly's off and lands on it, unlike a metal can would.

This is what I use, what do y'all use, if any?

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've never used anything...although I know I should. I guess thats why all our trucks get yucky black suit on them when we crank them after sitting for awhile.:roll:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a problem here in Palm Springs....not frying like an egg while in the box of the 109...well thats another issue altogether.

bassetdeuce

Ya know those big plastic owls they sell at lowes? I had a problem with birds poopin all over the deuces and 5 tons, since they liked to perch on the stacks. :roll: Soooo I got some owls, cut big holes in the bases, then slid each owl all the way down onto the stacks. They work well keeping water out of the exhaust, and do not ever blow off no matter how windy. Best of all, no more poop. :twisted:

digitaldust

I never thought about using a can BUT i thought cutting off the pipe level and adding a flapper thing like tractors have ? I think there clanking is soo kool

I once cut a hole in my truck bed and ran the exhaust up and above the cab on my pickup it looked so kool with the steam coming up out of the stack and the flapper popping up and down with the cylinder hits

If your going to somke look good doing it !

jmh4x4

kinda boring, I just use a 5 gallon, Home Depot orange bucket, never has blown off, the orange lets me not forget about it, and it hangs low enough I can take it off from the ground with out getting up on the step.

85cj88yj

ugh. i had a flapper on my jeep exhaust. it was cool for like 3 months then when i would have the top off it was sooooo annoying so i took it off. but now i wish i had it on because we had 3 days of rain and i cant wait to fire it up and see what kinda crap comes out of there

70deuce

I use a plastic 1 gallon anti-freeze container with the top cut off. The yellow helps out for remembering its there but they come right off when you start if you don't. Have run over a few. 1 gallon oil containers work too but are harder to clean. The cab cover on the truck is a Humvee cargo arwa cover. Keeps the sun and water out real nice and completelty covers the spare.

Attachments

Tackettr

I like the owl idea also! I have a male Cardinal that likes to use my mirrors for his LP/OP, while looking at for momma on the nest. This is okay but he craps all over my truck! I may have to introduce him to Mr. Owl!!:twisted: Thanks for the post!

bassetdeuce

Try the owls, they work! Before I tried it, I had concerns that some crows would be attacking my owls, since they are supposed to be mortal enemies in the wild (someone correct me if Im wrong). As of yet, no birds have been getting near them. They look cool too, just remember to take them off before startup, or they could "take flight."

MikeON

I once put a plastic owl on a stake in my strawberry patch to keep robins out. 15 minutes later I looked out the window to see a robin perched on the owl's head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks