• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what do you use to clean up carc paint and tools

copperhead10

I got the M35A3 home last week (11 hours drive). my plans are to bob it and to repaint it one color.I plan to use carc paint and the ? is what do I use to thin and clean up tools.

chemicaljohn

I actually didn't thin it when I did my winch and fenders a couple years ago and it went on pretty well. If I remember right, the guy at the sherwin williams shop said to use MAK (yes, thats MAK, not MEK) I had never heard of it, but he said it could be bought through them (they were out at the time) or an auto body place. I just used MEK to clean up... and clean up immediately. Once it dries, it's part of the gun and anything else it got on. I got my paint from a dealer in Michigan, which happens to be the same place that supplies AM General, they were very good with saying how to use it and clean up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks