• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do YOU want to know about G-742 history?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Any info on the M275 and M48 truck tractors? Why where they made if the 5-tons I out performed them. Any history on on what divisions used them

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put me down for a copy please. I worked on the Canadian version my entire career, from the day they arrived in our lines to the day I retired in 2011 and still see them on occasion at my government job. Now heading off to the scrapper, not a fit ending for a 36+ year life.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put me down for a copy please. I worked on the Canadian version my entire career, from the day they arrived in our lines to the day I retired in 2011 and still see them on occasion at my government job. Now heading off to the scrapper, not a fit ending for a 36+ year life.
I wanted to buy one but the government desk jockeys decided to sell perfectly good trucks as branded "irrepairable" to make sure they would never be register-able again.
What a waste.

I had my eyes on the engineering version with the LWB and Palfinger crane. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mr. Doyle,
A mention of why my multi-fuel 1969 M35A2 never "clatters", That Diesel clatter, yah know.
The Hercules/White/Man patent engines will run and run when not abused. Goin on 52 years, still runs good.
I saw your offer of books but I too old to collect now. I sad.
You have done a fine job, Thank You.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks