• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Does C + G Within A Plus/Cross Mean?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually marks Center of Gravity. I personally have not seen that marked on a trailer, maybe they had a particular odd load in that one?

Cheers

gottaluvit

Usually marks Center of Gravity. I personally have not seen that marked on a trailer, maybe they had a particular odd load in that one?

Cheers
Thank you. That makes a lot of sense, with the plus sign in the middle, however I am not sure where, on the sides this is painted, and the trailer is on another property, and daggone it, I must feed my addiction in less than 10 minutes as GP auctions go live!!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We do it in the Army when stuff is probably going to move by air, but usually use Tape or chalk to mark it. Mainly because the load or config may change from one load out to another.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that's why I was thinking maybe it had a permanent load in it (Generator? Pump? Or..??), thus needing a painted marking?

Coasties usually mark their stuff USCG.

Cheers

gottaluvit

Went and looked at the trailer and I confused trailers. It was on the M101A1 I got out of Columbus, OH. The stenciled mark is about 6" forward of the fenderwell. The one on the gate is about 2" left of center. I counted the drilled holes on this unit previously and there are 150 holes in the box. Probably a welder/generator as previously mentioned.

20160302_164619.jpg
20160302_164631.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks