• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What engine do i have?

hoffauto

Hi I'm helping a friend that just purchased a 1952?? Studebaker deuce. The engine says Reo Gold Comet and it is a multi-fuel but has been running on gas for sometime and he is wanting to switch it back to diesel, But I'm unable to find any info on this engine. Any info on this engine would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hoffauto

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the engine looks like the one in the pic it is not a multifuel, it is a 331 cubic inch gasoline "Gold Comet" engine made by REO Motors.
Welcome to the site, btw . . .

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it says gold comet it is definately a gasser don't put diesel in it.

Barrman

The shielded spark plug wires and huge sealed distributor confuse people into thinking it is a diesel. 1 long valve cover , carb on the passenger side, REO Gold Comet markings on the manifold, oil fill on top of the valve cover with a little oil bath vent all mean OA331.

Look at the data plate and shift pattern too. 5 speed with 5th toward passenger seat is Gasser. 5th next to the gauge panel is a multi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks