• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What exact colors are on the tan ECV or REV USMC HMMWVs?

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking to repaint with actual CARC and need to order the correct paint codes.
I did find the paint codes in the "Paint" forum (where I posted over a year ago) and the question is,
what are the exact paint codes used on the tan ECV/REV USMC HMMWVs?

I presume the TAN is 686, but how about the GREEN in the interior, is it 383?
And how about the BLACK used on the chassis?

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did, I actually searched the whole site (and even found one of your comments advising someone else to look into that forum).
While there are a lot of paint codes being talked about what others are using, I could not find anything regarding what are the factory CARC paint codes on the tan ECV or REV USMC HMMWVs.
Or do you mean that I should post it there instead?

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I initially thought the interior GREEN was 383, but then I saw this comment by SCSG-G4, so I am not so sure, since it sounds like the USMC green may be different?

"Depends on whether you want the 'current' green which is 383 green, (FSS 3409? if I remember correctly), the USMC green (FSS 3405? I think), or the old original Olive Drab green, which you will have to find in the Behr Paint threads. There is a list of ALL FSS paint codes there! If you are looking for flat green, start with 34xxx numbers (3 means flat, 4 means shades of green, last three is the exact shade). HTH."

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated by Retired above, all the services now use the same colours on tactical vehicles. If your Humvee is green inside, it will be 34094.

USMC green 34052 (or 24052) is only used on some non-tactical vehicles now, it would not be used on a Humvee.

For clarification - 383 is the camouflage scheme of green/brown/black, not the individual colours. So if someone says "383 green" they mean the green used in that scheme, which is 34094.
The same goes for 686, that number means the current overall tan camouflage, the colour code for that tan is 33446.

I will add that the first number of the paint code indicates sheen - 14094 would be gloss green, 24094 would be semi-gloss, 34094 is flat.
The second number indicates the colour range, so 34xxx would be a flat green, 34094 is one particular shade of flat green.

Clear as mud? :)

Cheers

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated by Retired above, all the services now use the same colours on tactical vehicles. If your Humvee is green inside, it will be 34094.

USMC green 34052 (or 24052) is only used on some non-tactical vehicles now, it would not be used on a Humvee.

For clarification - 383 is the camouflage scheme of green/brown/black, not the individual colours. So if someone says "383 green" they mean the green used in that scheme, which is 34094.
The same goes for 686, that number means the current overall tan camouflage, the colour code for that tan is 33446.

I will add that the first number of the paint code indicates sheen - 14094 would be gloss green, 24094 would be semi-gloss, 34094 is flat.
The second number indicates the colour range, so 34xxx would be a flat green, 34094 is one particular shade of flat green.

Clear as mud? :)

Cheers
It’s the best explanation and it’s clear for me :)
Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks