• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what fluid in my trans?

davesgmc

m139 series truck with a 5 speed, the one with the 4th and 5th gears revered. I drianed the oil ouit today and it was a reddish color, almost like atf, but almost as thick as 80-90 gear lube. what was the stuff and what do i replace it with? I put 80-90 in it for now, hoe thats right.....let me know!!!

Wolf.Dose

The standard oil quality should be a SAE 80W90, 85W90 or SAE90 Transmission oil. If the vehicle is over 40 years old, ovoid to use a GL5 (to much aicid in it), a GL3 or GL4 is ok. Useually additives are not required. If you have oil leaks even with new seals, try to ad a pound or two of GAA, with is nothing else than thicker trans oil.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks