• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What gauge is this fusible link

Thanks U have just made my day Sergeant Terracoma Thank u sir very greatful i wasnt sure i was reading it right lol :beer:

I really hate butt connecting the fusible link to the wire it seems that might be the only option unless u have a better idea i would be open to hear any suggestions u might have

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are nice butt connectors that have heat shrinking ends.

You could twist, solder and seal with heat shrink tubing.

Plain old butt connectors work just fine if for several years in decent environments.

A good crimping tool is helpful.

In you local home depot/Ace/Lowes or whatever store you have, in the submersible water pump section, they will have packages of 3 or 4 butt connectors that come with a heavy waterproof heat shrink tube(it has glue inside it). They work really really nice!

Again doghead thanks for your suggestions Your awesome thanks for the ideas i think imight make arun to lowes i like the last butt connector idea as i go mudding on occasion and i like to clean the engine bay hahah thanks again sir :beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also if you look at the black connector on the wire, the fusible link wire size is stamped on the connector.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks