• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have I done now?

AZK9

... Anybody ever have second thoughts after dragging one of these things home? ....
No way! It's too much fun. Second thoughts just don't enter your mind when you're having a blast with it!

The intimidation factor goes away once you start working on them.
:ditto:
When I first stared at the deuce in the driveway, next to my F-150... I wondered how I was going to work on it alone.
Then I discovered I had Soldier B, C and D all interested in being part of the 'action'! It's become a HUGE part of the family!

BTW... Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

Congrats on the 'heavy steel'! Have fun with all your green!

dmetalmiki

Pulled the fuel filter out today and it was UNREAL!

Much thanks to SIMP5782 for all of his phone support!
I didn't think it would ever crank again but much smoke from the exhaust a little charging for the batteries later it FINALLY came to life!
Wow gunge galore. Welcome and glad you have your truck running after that.

gottaluvit

Hello and welcome from Utah.
Ohh yeah and Welcome to the Big green addiction
I keep hearing of this act of acquiring military vehicles as an "addiction". I look at it as being very smart and knowing well made over-built products that will last a lifetime (at a severely deflated price), and just wanting only to have a chance to buy back what you already bought once with your hard-earned tax dollars.

vrshack

We had fun camping this past weekend, the boys chose to sleep in the bed of the truck and I'm glad they did. It rained ALL NIGHT LONG! Was nice listening to the rain hit the canvas even though it got a little chilly.
The truck did well except developing a coolant leak that came right into the cab. Haven't looked yet but I'm guessing the heater core is leaking but it may just be a loose hose.
A city code guy came by as me and the boys were unloading and informed me that "that der truck is too big fer dis neighborhood" and "I don't wanna see it livin here". I asked what is considered too big? He replied "typically anything bigger than 3/4 ton." I asked as I pointed "what about those 1 ton dually trucks there?" He said "well, we don't go round nit pickin people." It really irritated me but I had no desire to keep it in my driveway anyway, so no reason to argue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks