• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have I found?

diesel583

Title says it is a 1955 International. Some where in it's life it has lost the transfer case and front axle. Has full air brakes a 220 Cummins and a 13 speed. It was the wrecker for a Cement company. The price was right and it started right up after setting for years, so it's following me home P3000-4.JPGP3000-3.JPGP3000-2.JPGP3000-5.JPGP3000-6.JPG

diesel583

It's really not to bad. Started easy and built air. Brakes work and it drove out of the hole it had been in for 8 years. A pressure wash will do wonders

diesel583

Didn't get any inside pictures, it will be a few weeks before I get it home. Except for the additional air brake knob and air switches for the winch it is pretty much stock. It does have a big heater taking up a lot of the passengers floor.

jatonka

The hoodand the straight air brakes are a Zeligson ( not sure of spelling} company conversion, they were big in the 60s and 70s. Lot of pipeline and timber people bought from them. Memphis Equip also did air brake conversions. No clue why they lost the transfer case and front drive axle unless itbecame a dedicated road truck. JT

diesel583

No tailboard or poles it had a short wrecker boom made out of very heavy pipe but it is long gone. I remember the truck when the cement company had it. Never seen it haul a truck in, just winch out stuck trucks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The frame does not look right for a 5 ton. Too many holes and the steering gear does not go through the frame.

diesel583

From the firewall back it is positively M54, I think the steering was changed when the front axle was changed. The engine and transmission change along with the front axle look to have been done by people that knew how to do things right.

diesel583

If the dash plates are still there they are covered with white paint. I'll have it home in a few weeks and will have pictures then

diesel583

It's about fifty miles, got a buddy that does heavy haul. Just got to catch him between jobs, buy the fuel and beverages. If it hadn't been sitting so long I would drive it. I'm getting where I don't want any roadside problems.

diesel583

IMG_0609.JPGIMG_0608.JPGIMG_0607.JPGI finally got it home runs good just needs a lot of little things. Here are some inside pictures. It's got a bigger heater than my house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks